Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at first it looked like it was only being held on by 2 screws drilled vertically up into the bottom of the top crosshair. Come to find out it is those 2 screws, plus a nice huge screw drilled directly into the middle of the crosshair!!! Anyone have any quick fixes (plugs) that will fit nice and flush?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Lol, it's not that tragic, it's the way most dealerships do it... I think you can take it back and tell them you don't want it and they will fix it at no cost but im not sure...

·
2013 FF Pizza League Champion
10,991 Posts
Are'nt they required to put it on when the state requires a front plate? Front plates are stupid. The damn stickers are on the back.

·
Registered
11,957 Posts
I feel your pain bro. I got a nice BLACK hole in the middle of my WHITE crosshairs. :flame:

I'm just gonna live with it until some piece of NJ road debris invariably is kicked up by (or off) a truck and takes out my fascia.

And as you can see from my pic in my sig, no I don't run with a front plate :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure, but I know Illinois requires front tags and I asked the dealer not to touch the front clip. If you tell them to take the Dealer stickers and plate frame off, they have to. If you tell them NOT to drill holes for the front tag, they HAVE to listen. If you told them not to touch it and they still did... they owe you a new front clip, not plastic filler, not a plug, brand new and painted to match.

Tell them you want to keep the old front clip when they remove it (so you know they didn't just bondo the thing). They have to let you have it, you paid for it, they screwed it up, they have to pay for a new one.

Did that when my wife went to pick up her 350Z - still have the original front clip in the garage :) :clap:

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Get yourself a quart of bondo and a small jar of touch up paint from the dealer.
Very carefully fill the hole with a small amount of bondo, flush to the facia. Touch up with the paint.
Its not perfect, but pretty close if you take your time.
Certainly looks better than the hole and only should cost you less than $20.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
yeah in california its required, they even made me sign a waiver that said the car rolled off the dealer with a front plate so i couldnt blame the dealer for no front plate. i only have two holes drilled under the crosshair not the middle one though so its not that bad

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
hehe i love arizona for that reason, my perminate residence is CT but truck got stolen, got srt-4 in AZ= no front plate, AZ plate. its stupid though the damn radar cameras they got on the highways take your picture from the front when speeding, how the hell they going to tell who i am? last time i checked theres more than 1 black srt-4 in AZ.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
nah its cool, cops need to be able to read your license plate within the split second they see you traveling by them at 60mph. :lol:

·
Registered
846 Posts
siberian57 said:
nah its cool, cops need to be able to read your license plate within the split second they see you traveling by them at 60mph. :lol:

thats what the back plate is for.. easier to read that one then the front 1... lol

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Here's a cheap fix, use a scrap from a set of color matched eyelids, cut out a dot & stick it over the hole.............works pretty darn good actually!_______5TOEZ______

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
twelveday said:
yeah in california its required, they even made me sign a waiver that said the car rolled off the dealer with a front plate so i couldnt blame the dealer for no front plate. i only have two holes drilled under the crosshair not the middle one though so its not that bad

Ugh, I'll tell them to zip tie it to the front before I drill holes in my baby, lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts