Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not real performance stuff yet.

plan on getting a nice alarm. plan on getting a single sub (less weight, but i still need some bass, sorry!). already put my head unit in. i also am gonna go to summit racing to look at pedal covers, maybe a shift knob/boot. also want to get a pillar pod and get a voltmeter and egt (is putting the temp bung in gonna affect the warranty? im guessing no since they prolly wont even see it.) if summit racing carries a EBC i might consider getting that.
so if they day goes as planned it would be:
head unit
sub/amp
alarm (with 2-way confirmation, remote start!!!! i guess the alarm can tell if its in gear)
pedal covers
shift knob??
2 gauges
EBC (maybe!!!!)

and of course i'll get pics a.s.a.p.

also that hood mod looks tempting, you guys weren't kidding about pvo holding your hand with a saw that box has the little circle ready to go :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
a sub and amp !!!!
omg that adds so much weight !! your car will be slow as shit.. now you will be beat by civics , you give srt4's a bad name omg !! :roll:
sorry , i know someone is gonna say it , might as well be me since they've already done it to me :wink:

·
Registered
161 Posts
NeonWaSp said:
not real performance stuff yet.

plan on getting a nice alarm. plan on getting a single sub (less weight, but i still need some bass, sorry!). already put my head unit in. i also am gonna go to summit racing to look at pedal covers, maybe a shift knob/boot. also want to get a pillar pod and get a voltmeter and egt (is putting the temp bung in gonna affect the warranty? im guessing no since they prolly wont even see it.) if summit racing carries a EBC i might consider getting that.
so if they day goes as planned it would be:
head unit
sub/amp
alarm (with 2-way confirmation, remote start!!!! i guess the alarm can tell if its in gear)
pedal covers
shift knob??
2 gauges
EBC (maybe!!!!)

and of course i'll get pics a.s.a.p.

also that hood mod looks tempting, you guys weren't kidding about pvo holding your hand with a saw that box has the little circle ready to go :)
As much of an audiophile that I am, I will refrain from adding any more weight to my SRT just because I don't want it to hamper the overall performance. I'm willing to sacrifice the "boom" for the "zoom"!!!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
why not just add horsepower add have a fast and loud car :roll:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i figured some of you guys would be all kind of dicky about it :p

its ok, its a single sub! not two. doesnt really seem to be that much.

so far for the day i got the sub/amp in and it sounds soooo good.

also got a k&n like filter. got the egt and voltmeter, havent put those in yet. more later. plus ill prolly take the spare out while im around town :)

i plan on the uppipe and BOV soon and prolly an apexi EBC, heard a wrx bov tonight and omg is it nice. more later.... gotta go pick up some pizza.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
NeonWaSp said:
i figured some of you guys would be all kind of dicky about it :p

its ok, its a single sub! not two. doesnt really seem to be that much.

so far for the day i got the sub/amp in and it sounds soooo good.

also got a k&n like filter. got the egt and voltmeter, havent put those in yet. more later. plus ill prolly take the spare out while im around town :)

i plan on the uppipe and BOV soon and prolly an apexi EBC, heard a wrx bov tonight and omg is it nice. more later.... gotta go pick up some pizza.
Hey NeonWaSp, congratulations on your new ride 8) , I'm sure the wait was worth it.

BTW, as long as you're making the payment on it, feel free to do WHATEVER YOU WANT to it! Now go get that pizza! :wink:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eatin it as we speak, and good point!

tomorrow i hope to get the gauges in.

As far as the EGT goes if anyone knows the best place to put it can you tell me!!! pictures with circles are very helpful as well!
thanks!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I never knew you could do a remote start on a manual. Every remote start I have looked at in person says their for autos only. Gimme some info I might want one for my SRT (when I hopefully get it in June). Thanks.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the alarm i forget the brand but the model was compu star or something i forget. it also has a built in turbo timer! very cool!

it gets installed thursday. ill try and find a link for it, stay tuned

·
Registered
26 Posts
PM me with info

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a compustar alarm with remote start and a turbo timer on my 5 speed. The guy who owned the car before me had it installed...

it doesn't let you arm or remote start unless you're in neutral with the ebrake ALL the way up.. i don't know what model it is or anything, but the keychain has a little screen that beeps and shows me what's going on when the alarm goes off, or when i start it..
works well.

i guess i'd have to recomend compustar for having all 3 features we need.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I agree with NeonWaSp on the single sub/amp idea. I'd definately want to do that once/if I get an SRT-4. My friend has like a 96 Cavi, and added a Kicker 12" sub with an amp, and says he barely felt the difference. Feels the bass, though. I don't think there's a better coalition of sounds than dual muffler-less exhausts and some "boom".

That's just me though. Everyone's different.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i dont turn the sub up too much, really hard to decide whether to listen to the radio or the car hehehe

yeah its a compustar. i guess the remote start has to do with if the car is running when you arm the alarm. the assumption is if you arm it with it running and the doors closed then its out of gear then it knows its ok.

http://www.compustar.org/intro.html

its got the two way confirmation and the display on the remote, cool looking :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
How much? they dont have prices on the web site.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the one im getting installed is 450 installed. i dont know which it is, one of the top two. ill try and find the receipt and check. i think its in my pocket, hold on its the fm the middle of the three.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah, that sounds exactly like mine...

only mine's kinda old...it IS 2 way though

my remote screen is squashed or something because it doesn't really show me anything, just black liquid oozing around the gameboy colored screen.

too bad, but my car doesn't run anyway..

·
Registered
26 Posts
What places carry those systems? Neon your close too me cause I live in Detroit and your in NE Ohio, where u having it installed at?

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I kind of feel unproductive since I only got my windows tinted and you got all that done. Congrats on your new SRT 4 if I didn't say it before.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:) thanks grunge. pics coming soon. gotta play paintball tomorrow and then nascar so dunno bout the guages, but i do have them :)

im getting it installed at a place called summit sound and security.

just run around i'm sure you'll find some local car shop that has them. seems to me that these alarms are very good. i like the specs etc on it.

i think im gonna order an uppipe and bov today or tomorrow. i hear the turbo xs rfl is the one to get so thats prolly what i'll get.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
11 Participants
NeonWaSp
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing