Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 04 srt4. Dude said it was stuck in 3rd gear. I get there and shift it into 1st,2nd, and r. Soon as I hit 3 or 4th, it gets stuck there and be hard to get back into neutral. When stuck in 3rd/4th, I can move shifter from 3rd/4th, and all the way across neutral and be accelerating. I bought a billet shift fork and shift extender/selector. I’m hoping someone knows exactly what’s wrong so I know if I have what I need to fix before opening it up.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
check easiest stuff first. shifter cables, bushings and linkage. Take center console off and check it out. I didn't know there were billet shift forks for our cars.

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
check easiest stuff first. shifter cables, bushings and linkage. Take center console off and check it out. I didn't know there were billet shift forks for our cars.
real tune sells a billet 3/4 shift fork. Its the only one i know of. There are other brands that sell "upgraded" forks, but i wouldnt even consider buying them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
real tune sells a billet 3/4 shift fork. Its the only one i know of. There are other brands that sell "upgraded" forks, but i wouldnt even consider buying them.
I ordered the real tune one. It just shipped today. Can anyone post a link of walk through video of shift fork replacement?

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Right on had the shift fork confused with the clutch fork.

I am sure with a google search you can find a how-to. Also YouTube might have a video. I personally have never replaced a shift fork in a SRT-4 before. :(

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
I ordered the real tune one. It just shipped today. Can anyone post a link of walk through video of shift fork replacement?
Very nice! i hope to be doing this same install soon enough.
Right on had the shift fork confused with the clutch fork.

I am sure with a google search you can find a how-to. Also YouTube might have a video. I personally have never replaced a shift fork in a SRT-4 before. :(
I believe it was AGP that used to offer a billet clutch fork, but thats overkill and yeah.. not what we're talking about anyways haha

I dont have a specific link to offer you at the moment with a HOW-TO or a video, but i know they are out there if you do some searching. You will find that these car actually have a very easy transmission to work on. In fact, the shift fork (and all the gears and diff for that matter) can be removed and replaced without actually taking the transmission out of the car.

Reactions: TriggaMike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice! i hope to be doing this same install soon enough.

I believe it was AGP that used to offer a billet clutch fork, but thats overkill and yeah.. not what we're talking about anyways haha

I dont have a specific link to offer you at the moment with a HOW-TO or a video, but i know they are out there if you do some searching. You will find that these car actually have a very easy transmission to work on. In fact, the shift fork (and all the gears and diff for that matter) can be removed and replaced without actually taking the transmission out of the car.
Sweet man. Says the parts will be here Saturday. Carrying it to my buddies and putting it on the lift Sunday. This is my first toy car and I’ve never really worked on cars before. Very mechanically inclined though. Family has done it for years so I’ve never had the chance to learn. This will be my learner. Lol. Thanks for the info man. I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts