Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed goldlines last weekend and i noticed just a little leak(strut) i mean it leaves like a 2" by 2" spot in the garage the ride is not harsh or anything. so are they blown or getting that way or what? i figured if they were blown it would ride rough from the get go??? still good ride?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hello anybody,,,, if they are blown what struts would you rec. w/ goldlines

·
Registered
796 Posts
If it's leaking, it's blown. The ride will progressively get worse.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
how do you install them? Did you use channel locks on the stru or something like that? Just curious, because I just installed goldlines last week also

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^What he said.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Main_Event said:
w/ blown struts the ride wont get worse, it will get bouncy[/QUOTE
Well if the ride getting bouncy isn't the ride getting worse, I don't know what you would call it. You should think before you type. Nothing intellegent to add, I guess you just needed to say something.

·
Registered
417 Posts
blown struts = strut wear on tires, they will start to chop and make lots of noise etc. and yeah, everything is worse in a car w/ blown struts, ride, braking, traction, etc.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yes, that strut is blown. The others are probably pretty close to it. Your car will begin to handle more and more unpredictably as the struts are no longer able to effectively control the springs, you'll get uneven wear on your tires, and cornering at high speeds will be "exciting."

Either replace em, or get coilovers.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
jessethompson said:
Main_Event said:
w/ blown struts the ride wont get worse, it will get bouncy[/QUOTE
Well if the ride getting bouncy isn't the ride getting worse, I don't know what you would call it. You should think before you type. Nothing intellegent to add, I guess you just needed to say something.
uhh i thought you meant harsh when you said a "worse ride" so plz no need for your rood comment you jackass. relax :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts