Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have an 04 SRT stock, my friend has an 04 with side exit exhaust, Profec B Boost Controller, custom SRI. He also has a 96 Ecipse GST with several upgrades turned up to 20lbs of boost. His ecipse is faster than his SRT. But where it gets weird is that him and I raced several times, just dicking around one night. And I beat him everytime. Even one race he started half a car length ahead and I still ended up ahead. And he's a pretty experienced driver, so I doubt that is the cause. Plus, his Eclipse walks all over his SRT. So, we were pretty curious how the hell I won, especially so consistantly. Plus, we have noticed that my boost will go above 15, to right around 16 or so boost. I don't believe it's a boost spike because it remains at 16 for a good 700-1000 RPM, and I was pretty sure that our cars were only supposed to go to 14.5 lbs. If anyone has any idea what's going on, that would be great, Thanks!!!!!

·
Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I did not power shift. As far as I know he's been running the same amount of boost in the eclipse for some time now and it's been running well. Neither has boost leaks, to our knowledge. And I doubt it is driver cause he's a good driver. And we ran several times, just to make sure that it wasn't just a coincidence, and it wasn't. My brother suggested that it might be trouble with my wastegate. But, he said that was unlikely at best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts