Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start off by saying I know you all depise dealers and the info they attempt to give. I myself work at a dealer and can justify that a lot of salesman don't know what they are talking about or do not follow cars like these very well. Now before any of you salesman/ex-saleman jump on me for that comment, realize I did say a lot, not ALL. Just wanted to clarify that. :) Anyways, I left a message with our zone Sales DM the end of last week and he called me back today. I was surprised with the information he had. I expected to get some info, but he had a bit more than expected. So onto the good stuff. The verfied FOR SURE production number for this year is 10,000. They decided to increase it after they realized how much of a market there was for it. Most dealers will only get 1-2 cars for the entire year. The DM told me the 3 1st markets will be in Cali, Florida, AND New York. From reading the posts, you should all know that those areas have already had the training courses.(Each dealer MUST have at least ONE salesman to attend this driving course/class and at least ONE technician attend a seperate class,not the driving school.) Dealers will not get their choice of color, they will only get what is sent to them. (There is one way to get the color you want if you are on the reserve list.PM me on any of my instant messangers for further info. Now for the news for Ohio and surrounding zones. The driving school/class that Cali and Florida had will be open the 3rd week of April. With that known, we will probably see the SRT-4's in dealers around mid-summer. I am talking with my dealer principal about sending me to the class also, so hopefully I come back with good news. (I'm only a service advisor so they don't HAVE to send me :( )
Anyways, I believe that is all the info I have for now. My DM said he will definately let me know if anything news pops up.
P.S. I'm sure most of you are aware, but YES they will release 3 stage kits from Mopar and also the LSD.
Any questions, feel free to PM me. I'm usually online and bored anyways. :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
np.. that's what I am here for.. Also, for anyone wanting an SRT-4 badge that they put on the actual cars, I can order them or give you a part# if you wish to order one.. They cost me like 15-16 bucks a piece. If you try ordering from a dealership and they try ripping you off, let me know and I'll get them my price and send them to you for the charge of the badge and a stamp. Just e-mail me or instant message me. I only ask because I know some people like myself want one for decorating or sticking it anywhere. I myself used it for my portfolio. It looks sharp. I can take pics if anyone cares.. :) I know I may be a little too obsessed, but hey, gotta have a hobby.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
nighcore said:
np.. that's what I am here for.. Also, for anyone wanting an SRT-4 badge that they put on the actual cars, I can order them or give you a part# if you wish to order one.. They cost me like 15-16 bucks a piece. If you try ordering from a dealership and they try ripping you off, let me know and I'll get them my price and send them to you for the charge of the badge and a stamp. Just e-mail me or instant message me. I only ask because I know some people like myself want one for decorating or sticking it anywhere. I myself used it for my portfolio. It looks sharp. I can take pics if anyone cares.. :) I know I may be a little too obsessed, but hey, gotta have a hobby.
I can see it now there's going to be a shit load of Neon ES's(or whatever the Neon base model is) rolling around with SRT-4 badges on them. The humanity....

-Faast

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's not what I meant to post it for.. I'm sure some will do that, but we all know what a true SRT-4 will look like, so it won't matter. I'm sure there will be a type-r or GT-R badge put on one sometime.. That's when I'll be forced to hurt someone. ;)

·
Registered
726 Posts
nighcore said:
I'm sure there will be a type-r or GT-R badge put on one sometime.. That's when I'll be forced to hurt someone. ;)
I'll hold 'em down, you slap 'em silly...

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Ok well...I'm gonna have to argue with you a little on something you said, you said the dealers "don't have a choice of color, they get whatever color is sent to them" well...I don't think that's entirely true. My dealer has been with dodge for about 20 years and is himself a big fan if you wnat to call it that of dodge cars, he's getting an srt and is really into the vipers. I asked him about 20 times to make sure, and he said that the order is in the system for my car, but it hasn't gone through yet, and once it goes through in the next week or so he will give me the VIN number, it's specifically for a YELLOW srt and he said after the order goes through it'll be about 4 weeks, maybe a little less, but I must have asked him a million times about this and he said he is ORDERING it in the color I WANT, I told him how some people are saying "the dealers get whatever color is sent to them and that's it" and he said that isn't true, and if you think about it...would that not be kind of dick to just send a dealer 2 red srts and that's it for an entire year?? I believe that you do have to order them like my dealer is syaing and he clarified that with me about 20 times after I kept asking becuase of all the stuff said in this forum, just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I can't wait for them to arrive so we can stop talking about their arrival and more about the car itself.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
mid summer? that just wont do at all. we may have shitty weather here but certainly it will be warm enough for srt's in the spring, especially with the hot weather we've been having lately in the spring/summer/fall

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only 1 to 2 per dealer? That's not very good news. It looks like I'm gonna miss out on getting one this year as I will still be saving up money until about October or November of this year. Oh well, maybe the 2004 models will be out by November/December of this year (if I'm lucky).

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
hmmmm, 10,000 this year and 1-2 per dealer? 5,000 dealers AT LEAST? how many dodge dealers are there in the states?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
You guys think you have it bad waiting till mid-summer. I live in Ill. about 15 min. from a crysler production plant and see one weekley in front on display and I heard Illionois will not see any untill april. Now that sucks.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Until they arrive, we're all in the same boat. "They" say Florida and Cali first, but until I'm burning rubber out of the dealership, who knows. It's February now, if they wait until April, it should be warm weather everywhere. Who know's what they are thinking. :roll:

·
Registered
49 Posts
nighcore said:
I want to start off by saying I know you all depise dealers and the info they attempt to give. I myself work at a dealer and can justify that a lot of salesman don't know what they are talking about or do not follow cars like these very well. Now before any of you salesman/ex-saleman jump on me for that comment, realize I did say a lot, not ALL. Just wanted to clarify that. ) Anyways, I left a message with our zone Sales DM the end of last week and he called me back today. I was surprised with the information he had. I expected to get some info, but he had a bit more than expected. So onto the good stuff. The verfied FOR SURE production number for this year is 10,000. They decided to increase it after they realized how much of a market there was for it. Most dealers will only get 1-2 cars for the entire year. The DM told me the 3 1st markets will be in Cali, Florida, AND New York. From reading the posts, you should all know that those areas have already had the training courses.(Each dealer MUST have at least ONE salesman to attend this driving course/class and at least ONE technician attend a seperate class,not the driving school.) Dealers will not get their choice of color, they will only get what is sent to them. (There is one way to get the color you want if you are on the reserve list.PM me on any of my instant messangers for further info. Now for the news for Ohio and surrounding zones. The driving school/class that Cali and Florida had will be open the 3rd week of April. With that known, we will probably see the SRT-4's in dealers around mid-summer. I am talking with my dealer principal about sending me to the class also, so hopefully I come back with good news. (I'm only a service advisor so they don't HAVE to send me ( )
Anyways, I believe that is all the info I have for now. My DM said he will definately let me know if anything news pops up.
P.S. I'm sure most of you are aware, but YES they will release 3 stage kits from Mopar and also the LSD.
Any questions, feel free to PM me. I'm usually online and bored anyways. )

YES!!! NEW YORKis in the list with Florida and California being the first state to recive the SRT-4's D P twisted

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
np guys. I'm here to help as much as possible. I know most of you are skeptical on what is said all over the net, but I asure you all, this IS EXACTLY what my DM told me. You can believe what you want. And about the color thing. If you read close enough Terminator, I said dealers don't have a choice on color, except one way, and to PM me to find out how. If you PM'ed me, you'd find out that your dealer most likely talks with your zone DM enough to know they can reserve a color under special circumstances. Not trying to start a fight, but you gotta read a little closer. :)
Have a nice day :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
nighcore
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing