Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have my tcc wga and bleed set up...and with this setup i get a nastly lil spike...to get it to do 17 across the rpms then 15.5 at redline i have to make it spike 20ish for a SPLIT second.....is this safe on cali's shitty 91 octane?

thanks,
alex

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
should be fine but everyones car is different. it might be time to go to a dyno with a datalogger and find out for yourself. Or buy a real boost controller and set your spike to what you want. The main thing is what your holding at redline. 15.5 is safe so I wouldnt worry.

·
Registered
852 Posts
If you call bleeds safe, I would doubt it safe running at that boost levels with no safe guards. You're running boost levels of a Stage2 with out the proper sensors, injectors and fuel mapping. Not saying it's not possible to maintain you're current setup but you're taking a bigger risk than I am.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a dual stage turbo xs on the way.....

i only get the spike when i FIRST get on it..lets say 2-3K in 2nd gear.....then after that when i go into the next gear my rpms are higher so it only spikes 18 if i shift normal and will stay at 17 if i wot shift

only fuel mods are s1 and fuel pump

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
turbo xs dsbc sucks. Get ready for some real spikes. The owner of turbo xs said i had to drill out the hole a little larger. I sold that and bought an greddy pbs2 ebc. Im glad i did. Not much more money and the tuning is awesome.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hum...well i got one for 120 shipped...so i figured it would be a good deal

how bad did it spike?

thanks,
alex

·
Registered
225 Posts
SO what is the diffrance between a bleed and Boost controler?
Krimsrt4 said:
If you call bleeds safe, I would doubt it safe running at that boost levels with no safe guards. You're running boost levels of a Stage2 with out the proper sensors, injectors and fuel mapping. Not saying it's not possible to maintain you're current setup but you're taking a bigger risk than I am.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
a boost controller holds the pressure until it reaches your setting....ex....you set it at 16 psi..well it doesnt open until what ever pressure equals 16 psi of pressure has been reached then it lets it go to your wga....i think

a bleed just bleeds off air with no controll really....its not as bad as most people say...its always the same boost with mine....

as i stated in the beginning of the thread i was getting a really bad boost spike then it was falling alot.....

so i looked at my bleed valve....basically it was t'd off of the line going from the turbo to the wga.....so i was looking at how it was

- <--bleed connected here
-
------------------------------ < line from turbo to wga

and i was looking at it thinking..since the air needed to be bleed of has to take a 90 degree turn into a path that is more restriced.....so i dont know how correct this is but it worked....so i figured that at low pressure the paths arent that different as far as restriction goes...but at more pressure the path to the wga is less restrictive...so more air was going into the wga..thus bleeding less..thus giving less boost

so i swapped it

- < to wga
-
bleed > --------------------------- to turbo

so now the pressure still takes the path of least resistance..which is still to the wga since its a bigger opening...but now that its a straight path to the bleed....at higher pressure its being slammed though the bleed.....

like i said before i dont know how technically right this is...but it was just a thought and it work.....i went from spiking 20 psi falling to 13-15.......to spiking 18ish psi...holding 17 alot longer...then 15 at redline

what do yall think?
alex

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok that didnt come out as expecting...but basically i went from teeing the bleed on the turbo-----wga line....to teeing the wga on a tubo----bleed line

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.