Dodge SRT Forum banner

Storing The SRT?

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  awdtsi98 
#1 ·
I'm going to be putting the car away for the winter (first time) and was wondering what some of you guys usually do to store it. This will be for ~4-6 months (probably won't take it out again till spring time.)

#2 ·
when i put mine away for the winter i will run the gas tank low and then top it off with a fresh tank. i will also change the oil and then when i park it in the garage i drive it onto some 2x10's i cut to keep the tires off the concrete. other then that i just start it up every other weekend and let it run for about 15 minutes or so to warm it up and keep the battery from dying. if you don't want to start it though you could just disconnect the battery. this will be the 4th winter for me and it's worked well so far though with what i do.

This post has been deleted
#4 ·
What do u cover the car with? Im thinking of renting a storage unit for mine, but i could save my self the $180 a month and just put my car cover over it and be done....but not sure how the car covers are with snow and ice on them. I dont want the cover freezing on the paint.

#6 ·
ditto, ditto, ditto. i have a car port on grass, then a big tarp and my car sits on the tarp. there really is no point in wasting money on changing oil BEFORE you put HER (lol) away. but thats all opinion. im gonna try and put plywood down this year and then the tarp to see if i can eliminate the white corrosion i have on my engine. :....(

#7 ·
I considered getting a car capsule (aka, a bubble) to park mine in this winter, but with the holidays I can't see spending the extra cash. They look pretty awesome, they keep everything dry, keep the air circulating... maybe someday :) I need a battery tender for this year, I don't have one- and still manage to have my stock battery in the car. I'll be putting a couple of Irish Spring soap bars in and around the car, I've read the critters don't like the smell. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.