Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Holy vague post. What's been your issue with the Stoptech pads? I have them on mine and I think they're great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a problem with some StopTech pads, called Customer Support and was treated really badly. Supposedly was a manager and was very rude and essentially called me a liar. The pads I was using were recommended by StopTech but the "manager" claimed they would not have been. Website says "occasional track use" and that is what I was using them for. Called StopTech later after I calmed down and explained how I was treated and asked for someone in management, was now treated just the opposite, really great and they are going to take care of the problem. Now I'd like to delete the post but can't find the option to do that.

·
Registered
758 Posts
In my experience, "occasional track use" pads don't typically cut it for actual track duty. You need a dedicated track pad for track days, and street pads for every other day. It's kind of a hassle to change out the pads every time, but I guess that's part of the price of tracking a car. I have the Stoptech street pads now and I wouldn't trust them at an HPDE or autocross event. They'd glaze over after a couple of sessions and become useless.

I'm glad you got your situation taken care of.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the pads worked just fine. No fade and braking didn't really change throughout the day. Combined we probably ran over 80 laps on a 1.5 mile road course. That wasn't the problem. Manager that solved the problem was very experienced and said the pad formulation was good for what I was doing with the car. These pads were not really for the street. However, I have bought some CarboTech pads for the next event. I need to pull the StopTech pads anyway and send them back to APC. But I don't jam on the brakes, I start braking early and easy then add more braking as I get closer to the turn. I had a couple really good instructors many years ago that taught me how to drive smooth and fast. Watching the one instructor was like watching a symphony orchestra conductor, totally fluid and easy movement. The car was always in balance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CarboTech recommended the XP10 series which is what I was thinking of anyway. It is not recommended for street use. If/when we ever drive the car ('05 SRT-4) on the street again, we'll switch to the StopTech pads (APC is sending replacements for the pads we had a problem with).

·
Registered
758 Posts
My buddies (who tracked their cars often) have had really good experiences with the CarboTech pads.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to hear that as I've heard the same and from experienced drivers, that is why I decided to try them.

·
Administrator
39,150 Posts
I've liked my carbotechs on the miata. Xp10 front xp8 rear. No problems on the street except a little noise when cold cold.

·
Super Moderator
15,689 Posts
I wouldn't delete the thread, I'd leave it. Even if it did start out vague, these types of threads supply valuable information about products and vendors that others may want to check out in the future.

I can't tell you how often I search for something when working on a part of the car I've never dealt with, and I end up finding a thread from 15 years ago that solves my problem :)

Glad you got things worked out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks and I'll leave it. The key to solving these kinds of issues is finding the right person. Most companies will fix the situation and StopTech did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts