Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stop Tech Website for Performance Brake Kits

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by hemidakota:
http://www.stoptech.com/

Big Brake Kit
Dodge SRT-4 2003+ Big Brake Kit -Front, 2 Piece Floating 328mm x 28mm Slotted Rotors with 4 Piston ST40 Calipers Black Anodized, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Billet Aluminum Brackets, Brake Pads

$1695.00 - Item No. 83-240-4300

Big Brake Kit
Dodge SRT-4 2003+ Brake Kit - Standard Version - Front, 1 Piece 328mm x 28mm Slotted Rotors with 2 Piston ST20 Calipers Painted Black, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Brake Pads

$1295.00 - Item No. 82-240-2300

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With this stoptech big brake kit, it says that the upgrades are for the front brakes... so from there can you move the OEM front brakes to the back? That would give you some INSANE stopping power.... :shock:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
It's cool that this is available now, but it seems pricey for just 2 brakes. Or am I wrong? Are their rotors wider than stock? I wouldn't want to do this if I wouldn't be able to fit the 15" Kosei K1's anymore.

And if they are bigger, wouldn't it look weird to have huge rotors on the front and the smallish stock ones on the rear?

Someone educate me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
StopTechs are awesome!

Hey Guys, I just wanted to chime in and say that StopTechs are the most worthwile mod you can do to your car. I dont know how the SRT brakes are but I know the WRX brakes suck. I got the StopTech kit and it works awesome. If you are doing highspeed driving like I do, then I highly recommend this kit.

I tune my car with a Utec and it requires me to hit speeds of 130mph+ and the stock brakes suck at those speeds because they are so hot. The StopTechs are designed to stay cool so they work more efficiently. The StopTechs are also lighter than the stock rotors which is like getting a lightweight wheel so your acceleration is improved a little bit also.

Here's some pics of my set:

I hope you like em, I know I do. People are always impressed when they see the big brakes because they know that I must have some "go-fast" parts if I need help slowing down that much. I love them!
-Brian

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
drolander said:
STR8OUT, thanks for posting. They look really cool. What size are those rotors? Some of us are using 15 wheels for racing, and it doesn't look like we'd be able to fit them over those brakes.
bye bye wheels....at leat I got me a buyer for mine when I'm done with em....
NICE BRAKES ON THE REX!!!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I am just weary of cross drilled rotors because every hole is an opportunity for new cracks to start. I would go for some slotted rotors when I get the extra money to spend on the car.

On a side note, what inexpensive (read: kid in college budget) rims and tires would be good for the track? I am not 100% on dedicated race tires or tires I could swap and drive 20-30 miles round trip on the super sticky dot's.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
bubba said:
I am just weary of cross drilled rotors because every hole is an opportunity for new cracks to start. I would go for some slotted rotors when I get the extra money to spend on the car.
i think it is a problem for older cross-drilled rotors. most people dont have a problem with them anymore. (if you buy quality ones). of course if you buy shitty ones they will probably crack.

i have cross-drilled on my bike. i brake hard ALOT. no problems stopping from 180. i know it weighs alot less than a car, but they are thinner and i have less of them. :wink:

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
bubba said:
i think it is a problem for older cross-drilled rotors. most people dont have a problem with them anymore. (if you buy quality ones). of course if you buy shitty ones they will probably crack.

i have cross-drilled on my bike. i brake hard ALOT. no problems stopping from 180. i know it weighs alot less than a car, but they are thinner and i have less of them. :wink:
Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, etc seem to do ok with cross-drilled rotors :lol: And I second LID on the bike statement :twisted:

·
Registered
537 Posts
well...i still don't like em! :x
now, if they were in my price range they would be one of the greatest things. I would also have to get tuner rims to show them off! :lol:

·
Registered
243 Posts
bubba said:

On a side note, what inexpensive (read: kid in college budget) rims and tires would be good for the track? I am not 100% on dedicated race tires or tires I could swap and drive 20-30 miles round trip on the super sticky dot's.
You are thinking about people who drill stock rotors.

Rotors such as the stoptech are cast with the holes, they are not drilled.

They will not crack.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.