Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys i have been doing lots of reading and searching, and I have not found the answer to my questions yet. I currently have stage 2 w/toys, agp fmic, atp catless dp, mopar catback, injen intake, and i was wondering is there any use i would get from dtec or and safc. From what i have read the stage 2 runs pig rich, so i would think you could get some nice gains by leveling out the af's. Now are dtec and the safc just as compatible with the stage 2 w/toys ecu as they are with the stock computer, is it worth it to give it a try or just get a stock computer. Thanks guys

chris

·
Registered
719 Posts
well as of right now i pretty much have the same mods as you but i also have a throttle body which in theory should lean out your a/f's a little. Anyways i have a wideband in my car and at redline it was 9.11-1. That is a little to rich for comfort for me. I plan i trying to up the boost to like 19-20 psi and put a map clamp on it. That should be the cheapest route and less hassle. hope that helps. shaun

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Well if you have toys and try to tune it gets tricky cause its really easy to get kicked out of HOM. Some people have put DTEC and clamps on s2 with toys but its not really reccomened if you keep the PCM controling boost. you can tune your car for say monday weather but if the weather changes wednesday your PCM controlled boost changes also it will throw off your tune. So then you add a wga or mbc ebc to it and then the computer will compensate for it cause it is seeing it. MY .02 get w/i. MANY people have been able to run HOM on 93 oct because of the no knock and it will hold HOM. HOM is better than a clamp basicly because the car will have more timing. I hope i answered your question.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Well I was running S2 with S1 injectors at 19psi for about a year. A/F was 11.8-12.2 and I put down 282hp 321 ftlbs. While still running the S2 injectors I had dynoed about 250hp and 280 ftlbs. The injectors were the only thing changed between these 2 runs.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dansrt4 said:
Well if you have toys and try to tune it gets tricky cause its really easy to get kicked out of HOM. Some people have put DTEC and clamps on s2 with toys but its not really reccomened if you keep the PCM controling boost. you can tune your car for say monday weather but if the weather changes wednesday your PCM controlled boost changes also it will throw off your tune. So then you add a wga or mbc ebc to it and then the computer will compensate for it cause it is seeing it. MY .02 get w/i. MANY people have been able to run HOM on 93 oct because of the no knock and it will hold HOM. HOM is better than a clamp basicly because the car will have more timing. I hope i answered your question.

thanks for the great post, and awesome info, hows the install on the water injection, pretty basic and stright foward, or a pain in the ass, also what kind of kit and what kind of settings would you suggest

thanks
chris

·
Registered
601 Posts
dansrt4 said:
word. :readclose w.i. is a real good way to go!
My roomate and I just got done working on a stage 2 car w/o toys.. s-afc, uego, mbc, and t.b. made it feel like a total new car... stage 2 runs super rich and we leaned her out to 11.4 and it pulls hard. If you wanted to go with safc instead of w.i. then I would say tune your pump gas map in file one (mid 11s or so).. then keep file 2 set to 0 (stock settings) for h.o.m.
After riding in the stage 2 car I must say.. I would have hit an 11 on the stock turbo if I would have had stage 2!!!!!!!! The top end pulls really good... I can tell its getting mad timing advance in 4th. :ninja:

·
Registered
719 Posts
dansrt4 said:
how does water injection effect a/f? also could you clamp and do w/i or no?

·
Registered
725 Posts
This is interesting i to just installed stage2 with toys .I have a ported Exhaust man/turbo 3'02 housing, ported head,cat del.ptb,ported intake,fmic,disc. balance shaft,safc2,coolmist W/I.I hooked it up allowing the pcm control of the boost.set on db3 hom on go strait to 15# of boost and hold,it wouldn't spike.yeah it felt good but i t just didn't seem as strong as before on stage 1 .So i used a wide band to check A/F it was 11.1 at wot it seemed the waste gate didn't have enough spring pressure so i installed a adjustable piggy back spring.Now it has enough pressure to get the boost higher but it would fall again to15.5#boost,I decide to try the water injection although it never came out of home because i mixed some 100octane fuel with 91octane.Well it worked 50/50 mix of meth&water ,now it hits 20#and drops to 17#of boost while holding hom.Now the car feels really fast. :warp:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts