Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
i was crusin around w/ my friend in his 3000gt VR-4 and i noticed how cool a turbo car sounds, i was fallin in love with the scream of those turbos and the woosh of the BOV...so anyway to get to the point, does the SRT's engine have any of that turbo noise? i know the exhause is rather loud and free flowing, so that should help right?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
You'll hear it spool, when the psi's start hitting you get a great spin sound. At lower speeds, you will also hear the BOV. If you want more BOV sound, get the XS RFL BOV, IMO... LOL

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
the stock BOV sucks. any new aftermarket one would be a good upgrade.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
If you shift like an old lady then you wont be needing a BOV:)

Actually once you raise yoru boost levels, the stock valve one be large enough to handle the larger volume of air. So you will need another BOV. Here is mine. I feel a difference with the boost turned up. But not at the stock 11psi.

http://www.exhaustdepot.com/srt4/srt4hksbovb.jpg

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I left my airboxs open and car sound great......I know Im loosing power due to engine bay temp. But if you want the sound for free...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I found a perfect way to increase the sound of the stock blow off. I've installed a manual boost controller, with it set at 15psi. The turbo spool and the BOV are about twice as loud as stock. I can barely even hear it stock, but I can definitely hear it now.

-Sam

·
Registered
300 Posts
To make the spool and BOV louder in any turbo car, all you need is an open element filter/conical shape filter like the K&N, or injen. The blow off valve IS a performance modification. Once you raise boost levels the stock BOV will eventually leak.

Exhaust Depot: That HKS SSQV is going to get TORN up if you don't fabricate some sort of shield for it! It looks nice though, very clean.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
MaNGiNa24 said:
To make the spool and BOV louder in any turbo car, all you need is an open element filter/conical shape filter like the K&N, or injen. The blow off valve IS a performance modification. Once you raise boost levels the stock BOV will eventually leak.

Exhaust Depot: That HKS SSQV is going to get TORN up if you don't fabricate some sort of shield for it! It looks nice though, very clean.
Yup, just like he said. ANy open filter element will give you a louder induction sound. Its not worth it though for only the sound. Just get a kn filter and cut the stock box. Car will breath better and you will hear it more.

Yeah Mangina, im taking care of that. IM rotating the bov so it sits higher. Thanks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
Yup, just like he said. ANy open filter element will give you a louder induction sound. Its not worth it though for only the sound. Just get a kn filter and cut the stock box. Car will breath better and you will hear it more.

Yeah Mangina, im taking care of that. IM rotating the bov so it sits higher. Thanks.
Is it just me, or are there no conical K&N filters out for the SRT-4's? Pardon my ignorance, I'm a DSM guy :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Love that sound

Hey guys im getting my srt-4 soon and i love the sound of a turbo. my friend has a 337 not too fast but you can hear his turbo its so loud.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does the SRT-4 utilize a silencer like the WRX. My girlfriends son has one and we just removed the silencer, and now you can hear the turbo spool up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey lifeisdeath, that penguin vid is just too funny, is that real??

·
Registered
46 Posts
HAHA....ya the icon is pretty ill!!!!!.....enjoy she is a nopi chick and loves cars!!! :evil:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
SRT stunna said:
it looks like the penguin on the left steps into broken ice and falls in. i think someone added the other penguin. although, maybe the penguin just has a good sense of humor. :lol:

·
Registered
726 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
SRT stunna said:
it looks like the penguin on the left steps into broken ice and falls in. i think someone added the other penguin. although, maybe the penguin just has a good sense of humor. :lol:
It's the same kind of humour displayed by ferrets (I swear those little beasts play practical jokes on each other!) Sometimes you'll see them nudge each other off a ledge. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
heheh, yeah, i have 2 ferrets. they are always screwing with eachother.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
16 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing