Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need help from somebody who kn ows more about tires than me....

We blew our left, front tire a couple of days ago. My wife went to BF Goodrich and they quoted $200 for the stock tire (BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW 205/50ZR17 93Y)

I went to Tire Rack and they have listed as OEM the BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW 205/50YR17 93Y for only $105.00

Is there any problem in getting that tire? The only difference is the Y and the Z

Please help. I don't have $200 to spend. Just hit by Hurricane Charley, then Frances. Now Hurricane Ivan may be headed for us! :wah?!:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I'd check with both places again... there are a few close variations to the stock KDW i.e KD's and KDW2's... going price should be right around $140. Just be happy you don't have Pilot Sports, those really are $200 ea.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
If you enter your car specs in Tire Rack, then view OEM tires, it will list the proper stock tire along with a price at around 115 I think.

·
Registered
904 Posts
ATL-SRT said:
I'd check with both places again... there are a few close variations to the stock KDW i.e KD's and KDW2's... going price should be right around $140. Just be happy you don't have Pilot Sports, those really are $200 ea.
haha $216 for the pilots and ive been through 2 of them.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump !

·
Registered
704 Posts
danpam1024 said:
I need help from somebody who kn ows more about tires than me....

We blew our left, front tire a couple of days ago. My wife went to BF Goodrich and they quoted $200 for the stock tire (BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW 205/50ZR17 93Y)

I went to Tire Rack and they have listed as OEM the BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW 205/50YR17 93Y for only $105.00

Is there any problem in getting that tire? The only difference is the Y and the Z

Please help. I don't have $200 to spend. Just hit by Hurricane Charley, then Frances. Now Hurricane Ivan may be headed for us! :wah?!:

Same tire, different nomenclature.

FYI the Pilot Sport *costs* 205 ish from Michelin. Profit margin on the tire is literally zero. It's OE fitment on our car, and the front of a boxster w/ the 17" wheel package. The only way to get em lower is gonna be to get em from NTB/TireKingdom from a manager willing to take the sales spiff from corporate and lose money through the store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts