Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not trying to state my war story here, i was just wondering if it is normal for a stock srt4 to kill an evo on the highway? We evened up going about 70 and we both hit it. I was in fourth and it was no challenge at all. I knew he was going balls out because we went until i hit about 140 and he had to be 6 or 7 cars behind. It was almost like racing a honda. haha. Just wanted some input. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
stock for stock evo 8 vs. srt-4 on the highway and the srt will win. Problem is in a REAL drag race, a good AWD launch out of the evo and we don't have enough to bring it back in. Maybe a dig for a 1/2 mile race would work out in our favor, but not a 1/4 stock for stock

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
pretty normal...

I raced a modded evo III this weeked and it had, Intake Mani, 3" TBE, Turbo Timer, EBC, FMIC, CAI and i barely pulled on him...

·
Registered
415 Posts
SRTpimpin said:
Im not trying to state my war story here, i was just wondering if it is normal for a stock srt4 to kill an evo on the highway? We evened up going about 70 and we both hit it. I was in fourth and it was no challenge at all. I knew he was going balls out because we went until i hit about 140 and he had to be 6 or 7 cars behind. It was almost like racing a honda. haha. Just wanted some input. Thanks guys.

Beating it by that much stock vs. stock probably isn't normal. If it was stock and you were stock then you should win from a 70 MPH roll but I think it should have been closer. Maybe he couldn't drive.

·
Registered
601 Posts
at my elevation stock evos go 13.2-13.4... Last year I went 13.4 in a bone stock srt with 23in m&h slicks.. with a dallar bleeder mod and a k&n drop in I would bet it would go 13.2 or better..
srts do really well on the fly due to the fact that they have a 2.4l(torque), fwd(less drivetrain loss then awd), and they are lighter.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Zero to thirty the evo has an advantage after that it is a Stage Zero and higher just runs away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts