1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=573974#573974

Yes guys that is me last night. Enjoy! (good video) :D
on the neons.org. Im (2001-rt)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
cali, its hard to say either of those, from a roll looks like the guy did the best he could... and the car sounded great! compliment them! dont call them turds :p

nice job guys

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
NeonWaSp said:
cali, its hard to say either of those, from a roll looks like the guy did the best he could... and the car sounded great! compliment them! dont call them turds :p

nice job guys
You are correct... that was not nice

IT WAS A NICE RUN,
but I just cannot fathom $4k in mods to get pulled by the srt. If ya know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I thought I heard($4000) that from his friend....i didnt think so, a upgraded Rex wouldn't loss to a SRT....well bottom line it was a good race ,and WRX owner was a good guy.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Come on guy let stop the car fourm wars..whats better ?whats not.!..it's a hobble we all enjoy. Im a car lover in general nomatter what make ,model,truck,car...etc..

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Nice kill but here's food for thought, I know a guy who invested a lot less than 4 grand and he has his car in the low 13's. I think the only mods he has are an upgraded turbo, up pipe, down pipe and an MBC. Nice kill though.

EDIT: I just watched the video, that was a damn good race. Except for the small jump the SRT got, they stayed pretty even until the WRX guy let off. God I love the sound of those boxers....

-faast

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Yea, that was a nice video. The kill was great. That wrx has some mods, but not 4k worth. Nice Job!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Looks like about what I would think would happen. Nice kill.

JC

·
Registered
71 Posts
Being as parts are not cheap for the WRX, and being that it's trap speed in the 1/4 is only around 91-93mph, SRT-4 being over 100mph, it will take a good amount of mods to run with an SRT-4 on the highway like this one did. The SRT-4 review agains the WRX wagon in Mopar Now told the story, the guy in the WRX had to squint to see the SRT-4 after the 1/4 mile. Breaking 100mph in the WRX is a significant amount more power than stock. The faster mph car in the 1/4 is the faster car from a roll.

Here is a guy from my areas times:

My fastest run time slip =
60' = 2.034
330 = 5.999
1/8 = 9.348 @ 73.59
1000 = 12.220
1/4 = 14.674 @ 91.03 mph

http://www.geocities.com/formulagt/mywrx.html

Here's a tweaked one in SCC:

The yellow WRX is equipped with SPO/AVO Turboworld's Stage I performance upgrade kit. This kit includes a turbocharger-back, 3-inch, mandrel-bent stainless-steel exhaust with integral high-flow 3-inch catalytic converter, a manually adjustable boost controller similar in design to the stock piece, a carbon-fiber engine dress up kit, drop-in K&N filter, a dash-mounted boost gauge in its own pod and features the optional carbon fiber airbox, sequential blow-off valve and upgraded, top-mount intercooler.

SPO STAGE I WRX STOCK WRX
Acceleration
Quarter Mile Time : 13.6 sec. 14.3 sec.
Quarter Mile Speed : 99.5 mph 93.5 mph
0-30 mph : 1.8 sec. 1.8 sec.
0-60 mph : 5.2 sec. 5.8 sec.
30-50 mph : 2.1 sec. 2.5 sec.
50-70 mph : 2.8 sec. 3.5 sec.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Guy who owns the WRX said:
My car has catless 2.5inch turboback with Perrin upipe, and various other bolt ons like GFB pullies and Samco hoses etc. etc. but with stock computer/turbo/Ic.
He also said the Neon wouldn't run him from a stop. WUSS!

JC

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
About this Discussion
48 Replies
20 Participants
98RT-NJ
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing