Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i searched but didnt find nething i was really lookin for. i was just wondering if ne one can tell me what cars the srt-4 wud beat stock for stock with equal drivers. like ne mustangs or evos or jettas. things of that sort. im jw if ne one can compile like a small list.

·
Registered
82 Posts
it's so objective - i mean hell i beat my brother in his '04 Mach1 and my srt is stock...it's all about the drivers, the roads, the conditions ..etc. Good launch, missed release, hesitation at the line...etc.

but i'll start your list off anyway

srt4>f150>vwbug>350z>lifted ram>crx

that should start ya off !

·
Registered
741 Posts
You should pose the question the other way around. What's faster than the SRT-4? The list is smaller than what's slower than the SRT-4

Percy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well I beat my friends 00 Stang Gt and he had exhuast, gears, driveshaft, but the was from a roll, like yatbsea said, its all on the driver. Basiclly you can expect to beat all vw's, except maybe the R32. Big competition will be the evo's and sti's which you wont be able to beat stock. Everything else should fear you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aight sweet thanx guys, and yea if u want to just post what will beat it then go ahead im just tryin to get a good idea of what it can beat and what it cant.

·
Registered
639 Posts
i have a questio do we have a governor on our car that turns off the gas?

·
Registered
639 Posts
thanks i heard it cuts gas at 138 thanks :) just wondering im gunna have to get s1 or s2 soon iono which to get though

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
am with yarbsea its all about driver and conditions. you could beat just about anything you wanted to if the other driver just sucked. but as for what the srt-4 can run with....go buy one i promiss you wont be disapointed :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
The speedo is so far off at that speed the only way to be sure is with a GPS.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Redline for these cars stock is 6240 rpm.
There is no electronic speed control for topspeed in 5th gear.
The limiting factor is drag and fuel.
If the fuel amount is not enough the computer cuts back boost to reduce air volume to prevent the intake charge from going too lean.

1st gear @ 6240 rpm = 36 mph
2nd gear @ 6240 rpm = 64 mph
3rd gear @ 6240 rpm = 96 mph
4th gear @ 6240 rpm = 139 mph
5th gear @ 5650 rpm = 157 mph
verified.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
idk if this has been covered but can a stock srt-4 beat a stock mustang gt? or how wud it stand against a mach1?

·
Administrator
39,344 Posts
It can easily beat older GTs, can take new ones too. Mach1's its a drivers race at higher altitude but the SRT looses in most areas of the country because the mach can do a mid/low 13 regularly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts