Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking into a SRT-4 as my next choice of car

i had a big argument with a friend about the horsepower of a srt-4, he thinks a WRX would beat one in a race without a doubt with about...180 at the wheels if that



just wanted to see some numbers


thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,337 Posts
2003 has about 225HP to the wheels 2004+ have about 235 to the wheels. From a dig, we are owned, from a roll, its a different story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,757 Posts
gargoile said:
2003 has about 225HP to the wheels 2004+ have about 235 to the wheels. From a dig, we are owned, from a roll, its a different story.
even from a dig in the 1/4 it's not even close stock for stock. the wrx was rated at a 14.8 1/4 and the stock srt-4 was rated at a 13.9 1/4.
no doubt that you will play catch up but if you can drive you should fly by him in 2nd gear and pull him by about 5-10 cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
I agree with srt4-perry. The SRT-4 should win every race. A perfect launch in a WRX will be quicker for the first few feet but that's all it will get. Even a stock 2003 should be able to catch up quickly. Driver skill will be the biggest variable. Unless of course you could get your hands on the SRT-4 Extreme
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
917 Posts
jimbobbubbajoe said:
I agree with srt4-perry. The SRT-4 should win every race. A perfect launch in a WRX will be quicker for the first few feet but that's all it will get. Even a stock 2003 should be able to catch up quickly. Driver skill will be the biggest variable. Unless of course you could get your hands on the SRT-4 Extreme


that was never a production car buddy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
christian! said:
jimbobbubbajoe said:
I agree with srt4-perry. The SRT-4 should win every race. A perfect launch in a WRX will be quicker for the first few feet but that's all it will get. Even a stock 2003 should be able to catch up quickly. Driver skill will be the biggest variable. Unless of course you could get your hands on the SRT-4 Extreme


that was never a production car buddy.
True, and it was not stock, but still impressive enough to mention in a debate about which car is better(WRX or SRT-4)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
917 Posts
jimbobbubbajoe said:
christian! said:
jimbobbubbajoe said:
I agree with srt4-perry. The SRT-4 should win every race. A perfect launch in a WRX will be quicker for the first few feet but that's all it will get. Even a stock 2003 should be able to catch up quickly. Driver skill will be the biggest variable. Unless of course you could get your hands on the SRT-4 Extreme


that was never a production car buddy.
True, and it was not stock, but still impressive enough to mention in a debate about which car is better(WRX or SRT-4)


you are comparing a off the line production (wrx) car, to a full fledged race car.
i see no correlation as to how that is even a fair comparison.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
917 Posts
Pizza Boy said:
lol...easy mike


mah bad.

im still fuming from a huge arguement i had w/ some douchebags over on bayarearacing about the TCS im gettin

:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was just lookin for some input lol

i love the body style of the srt-4 and those dyno numbers seem amazing to me for the price, i mean 14 to 15k i can find one with low miles and over 200 whp seems nice


but alot of ppl say the car is sh*t bcuz its a neon, everything breakign down interior, etc, anyone have input on that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
I went through the same thing, everyone in my family complained to me about buying a "Neon"

Test drove it, bought it that day (first "fast" car I had ever driven)

I have put 22,000 miles on it in ONE YEAR, haven't taken it to the dealership for any sort of issues besides regular maintenace

My car has 40,000 miles on it now and drives pretty much the same as when I bought it (18,000 miles)

Best value - definitely best bang for your buck

We test drove a Lancer Evolution, it was awesome, but I was like so how much? $27,000 fucking dollars......screw that

Paid $17,500 for mine a year ago with 18,000 on it

With average drivers, SRT-4 will at least run the same as WRX, if not better - from a roll, you will MUTILATE pretty much anything that thinks they can beat you - only thing that may give you a problem is STi/Evo/Cobra

I'm speaking from a purely stock perspective.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,277 Posts
First, I raced a TR at the track and there wasn't much catching up I had to do. Maybe half a car. Ran a [email protected] to his [email protected] He was talking shit in the staging lanes:rofl:

Second, I have put this car through quite a bit of hell and have had ZERO problems with it (37K miles). This thing is BUILT to the MAX! I can't believe it's put up with so abuse without a hitch. Go drive one and you will have a bug, trust me:thumbsup: Everybody (4 people) I've taken for rides have bought one.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top