Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says can someone let me know what the stock clutch is rated horsepower and tq wise... Thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
hmmmm honestly if u change your turbo over stage 2 i think clutch upgrade should be nesscary so im gonna say 300 but some may say more some may say less rjolo held his to over 400+ but its an accident waiting to happen at that high.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
yea any thing over 300hp or a stock turbo at around 21psi with a good tune you really need a clutch it its not a question of if it will slip its a question of when its gonna slip stock clutches dont like track time or WOT shifts when you start trying to max the stock turbo or put a bigger turbo on it or N2O they all can kill the clutch

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
My car has 446hp/442tq and it just started to slip this week, car has 48k on the odo and has been making well over 300tq since 10k on the odo. It has only been making 442tq for 5 months, but I still think the stock clutch is a beast. I don't understand how so many people have clutch failures with less power. I have over 100 trips down the 1/4 on slicks, 30 dyno pulls with 18 of them with the car making well over 400tq and the other 12 all had between 275-325tq. Now if I could only say the same about the stock axles, LOL.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
stock clutch sucks for anything over like 275 hp...my 2nd stock clutch slips and im under 300 hp...and my car was never track raced yet, only street raced one time

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
lvlistchif said:
hmmmm honestly if u change your turbo over stage 2 i think clutch upgrade should be nesscary so im gonna say 300 but some may say more some may say less rjolo held his to over 400+ but its an accident waiting to happen at that high.

I assume you are talking about me. If not, I will send my best to rjolo :jester:

Hey, if its not broken...I dont see alot of track time and thats probably why mine has held up so long. That and I dont drive it like a 16 year old that just got their liscense. :stab:

Ultimatley, an upgraded clutch will be needed but its really more in how you drive it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
srt4101 said:
My car has 446hp/442tq and it just started to slip this week, car has 48k on the odo and has been making well over 300tq since 10k on the odo. It has only been making 442tq for 5 months, but I still think the stock clutch is a beast. I don't understand how so many people have clutch failures with less power. I have over 100 trips down the 1/4 on slicks, 30 dyno pulls with 18 of them with the car making well over 400tq and the other 12 all had between 275-325tq. Now if I could only say the same about the stock axles, LOL.
Was that with slicks or street tires at the track.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Slicks 23/8.5-15s, the car has only been down the strip one time with the big turbo, so 99% of those runs were on the stock turbo.

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
i have known SEVERAL modded s3 cars on the stocker and i have known several failed units with teh stock turbo. it has to do more with how you drive/abuse it, than the power its making...though power can kill it too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts