Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums for an answer to this and didn't find much, so any help is appreciated:

I have an '04 TOTALLY STOCK Srt-4. I was originally pushing 15-16 psi peak of boost. The dealership recently had to put a new turbo in my car and now i'm only pushing 12-13 psi of boost. Service called me when they were installing it to ask what the boost was originally because apparently they had it up at 18 psi and it blew the hoses off. I would like to know how to adust the boost back up to 15-16 psi. Is this a relatively simple thing? And can anyone explain to me how to do it? I don't want to add a boost controller or any addons and I don't want to screw anything up either. I also don't really want to take it back to the dealership, becasue I had to tell them how to fix my car the last time I did after 6 times in service. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
try an adjustable wastegate actuator .. real simple install rempve the heat sheild, the 2 bolts on the actuator and the pin and u are set .. that should get you back to 15-16 lbs easy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks...but

thanks for the advice guys, but I'm not having a problem with my car and I don't want to add anything to it. The dealership was able to adjust the amount of boost and I'd like to know how they do it. I just need to know if it's a matter of simply adjusting something or if it's complicated and I need to take it back to them.

·
Registered
732 Posts
how did you burn up a stock turbo at 15psi????? and to answer your question there is no way to adjust it without modifying it they were probably just pressure testing the system up to 18 psi when the vac line popped off!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
mustangdude20 said:
how did you burn up a stock turbo at 15psi????? and to answer your question there is no way to adjust it without modifying it they were probably just pressure testing the system up to 18 psi when the vac line popped off!
u run it hard then turn it off, kills every turbo....

·
Registered
732 Posts
ya kinda what i figured just wanted to see if that was for sure the cause of if it was possibly because his gauge was mis-reading what boost was actually there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts