Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a 03 eclipse gt v6. i've driven it, feels fast. it only has instake/exhuast. .. i've looked around but its hard to find the stats of his car (stock 1/4 .. 0-60) all i ever see is older eclipse information.

question is. am i going to kill it easy? good race? and does anyone know what the new eclipse run stock?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i have only launched once in this car (some kid with his girlfriend at a stop light in a buick) spun the tires all of first with some wheelhop. but other than launching, i drive fine... anyone can redline and shift fast :eveilgrin i'd ask how to launch but i'm sure i'll find what i need by searching.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you even semi stick the launch you should still smoke him. I even think if you just dump the clutch and spin first you will still blow by him in 3rd. My friends girlfriend has one and ive never driven it but ive been in it at wide open throttle and i dont think it would be a problem for me to beat at all. His intake and exhaust wont add enough power to beat you. She wanted to race me before i got the SRT4 but then i got it and she got a ride and in it and i havent heard anything about a race since.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Buddy, you had better be able to stall out, restart the car, catch him, and pass him.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I think that he means, thats how easy it'll be to beat him.. you could stall the car on the launch...re-start the car.. and still beat him.. lol

·
Banned
3,026 Posts
...I cant believe u wold even ask this...you could dump the clutch at 6000 pretending u had AWD...do a burnout for a few..let off the gas to get traction..and STILL te him by about 2 bus lengths or more....eeeeeeeeasy kill

·
Registered
39 Posts
FastAttack said:
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 15.4 in the 1/4 mile

intake and exhaust maybe high 14's

lol, intake and exhaust will NOT cut half a second off your time. I'm sure that every ricer out there thinks it will and will always try to prove it to you because it makes em 'fast'. hahah

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Riz said:
wow i thought it was faster than that. felt it anyways. i'm still not used to my car, turbo feels weird.

Then dont race him. Wait until you are ready, then take it to the tracks. Dont want to see another dead SRT4 Driver, or a dead SRT4 for that matter.

Please please please please!!! Take it to the track if your going to race.

Thats all.

And for your question:
You will beat the snot out of him =)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.