Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a AGP WG, S1, and MBC. The way i have it set up is, turbo===BC===WG. Why is it still falling when i get to 5k? Can someone please help me out? Do i need to poke a hole to make a bleeder?

·
Registered
393 Posts
That's what the boost controller does, right? It bleeds off air. What kind of BC do you have? I have TXS DSBC and the TCC WGA and I get 18 at low boost (lowest it will go) and it falls to 13 at redline.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Kevron said:
That's what the boost controller does, right? It bleeds off air. What kind of BC do you have? I have TXS DSBC and the TCC WGA and I get 18 at low boost (lowest it will go) and it falls to 13 at redline.
That's one shitty WGA. Ouch ..

Anyway, no you don't need a bleed valve with a Manual Boost Controller.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Khryz said:
That's one shitty WGA. Ouch ..

Anyway, no you don't need a bleed valve with a Manual Boost Controller.
You think? I really don't want to hear that but it's true. The so'm bitch boosts too high (low boost is like 18-19psi) and then it falls to 13 at redline. WTF it doesn't sound right to me either but what else could be wrong?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I'm sorry man, didn't mean it like that. But I don't know anything about that WGA so I don't know how it works. How do you have it hooked up? What vacuum set-up?

·
Registered
393 Posts
mprtklr said:
i just have a wga and i hold 18 till 5900 and it only falls 1psi to redline.
Which one?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Khryz said:
I'm sorry man, didn't mean it like that. But I don't know anything about that WGA so I don't know how it works. How do you have it hooked up? What vacuum set-up?
I did have it coming off the nipple at the back of the turbo but I just changed it a minute ago to the throttle body line. I had to bend the arm to get the WGA to spool up correctly but I can't seem to get it perfect and it still falls to all hell.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I dunno man, should've just gotten the trust AGP WGA's. I wish I could help you but I don't know anything about that unit.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have the TurboXS BC, i have the green line fromthe turbo going into the BC and then i WG. I thought its suppose to be holding till redline, why does it fall back?

·
Banned
47,971 Posts
can't stop spinning said:
not enough tension on the wga???

can't stop...hey i got my st1 on order but have agp wga and Greddy PB BC set at 16...may i ask what kinda WHP you puttin down without the K&N...thanks

the K&N will have to wait, but that's ok cuz it will go on at the same time as the st1... :eveilgrin

oh, and what kinda times if you have any...

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
JESSRT-4 said:
Hey guys i have a AGP WG, S1, and MBC. The way i have it set up is, turbo===BC===WG. Why is it still falling when i get to 5k? Can someone please help me out? Do i need to poke a hole to make a bleeder?
If its FALLING at 5K the wga is not adjusted correctly (sounds like not enough pre-tension)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Damn, there was a BIG hole in the diaphagm of the WGA (TCC). I pumped the WGA up with air and it fell off imediately, just leaking air all over the place. I took it apart and there was a hole in it. I patched it with duct tape and it worked! Now it doesn't boost 18-19 and then fall to 13, it goes about 15 and falls to 14. I think high boost is 18 then falls to 14 too. Works a little better, just have to get rid of the 21psi spike before it settles at 18.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Lol @ duct tape. Return that shit man. Anyway, I have my boost start to drop passed 5000 RPMS just because I want to be 110% sure that I'm not overstressing the turbo at high RPMS. 19 PSI then slowly dropping to 15 PSI and it still pulls like a freight train.

I might start increasing the WGA though to see what I can get, If I get bored ..

·
Registered
393 Posts
Khryz said:
Lol @ duct tape. Return that shit man. Anyway, I have my boost start to drop passed 5000 RPMS just because I want to be 110% sure that I'm not overstressing the turbo at high RPMS. 19 PSI then slowly dropping to 15 PSI and it still pulls like a freight train.

I might start increasing the WGA though to see what I can get, If I get bored ..
The problem is; I can't return it because I bought it used from a user on these forums. I don't think he knew about problem but I'm not sure. The WGA came with 3 mis-matched bolts holding it together (3 of the 6 were mis-matched) and when I took it apart to inspect the diaphragm, there was a blob of silicone near where the tear was. I just put two pieces of duct tape on both sides of the diaphragm and putit all back together, no one will ever see it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
how can i fix the pre-tension, it came with a bleeder, should i put it on? help stop the spikes

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Kit said:
how can i fix the pre-tension, it came with a bleeder, should i put it on? help stop the spikes
Pre-tension is related to the length or the wga arm (shorter is more tension)

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
set your wga to the level you want it to fall to, then hookup your mbc and set it to the level you want to go up to. ie. wga to 17psi and mbc to 19. then it will go to 19 and fall to 17 after 5200 or later. why were you bending the arm of the wga??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts