Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading on your site and all the threads here are there benefits to spraying the IC chiller while driving. Is this only to be used before running or can it be used before and during and has anyone gained anything by spraying while you run?

Thanks

Coy

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
My poor child I shall education thy self. Here is what I've found out. I have yet to get on the dyno nor have I been able to datalog the car to see what the inlet air temp looks like. I almost always use it while the car is in motion. If using CO2 sitting still the car tends to want to stall out because some is entering the engine. If the car is in motion I have not found this to be a problem. I did do a few runs on the street and felt a difference. Again I don't have the numbers to back this up but I will. The guys @ DEI are awsome to work with. Trust me Coy, if you are considering it do it. At least I like the kit. Give an example, I went down the road for a test run and sprayed the complete bottle. I noticed a difference and pulled over to look at the intercooler and it was frozen. The weather was around 90 degrees already.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The reason why you are stalling out is because the CO2 must be venting near an intake filter. It is not necessary to run the system while sitting still unless you are priming it for a hard run. We have tests on highly modified cars putting out and extra 33whp. It varies from car to car. My car personally saw a 15whp gain. You will see most gains if you are under boost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts