Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys watched an STi at qualcomm run the 1/8th. Worked out to a 13 flat 1/4. I bet it can do a lot better. Supposedly it was being run by magazine guys, I'd guess SCC. Nice pictures too. Interesting that one guy had just gotten done testing the EVO and said the EVO didn't even compare to the STi.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=348130&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

EDIT: I guess a link would help wouldn't?

-faast

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
ITS A RINGER!!!!!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think this ends the debate on the STi vs the SRT.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~yuv/stivssrt4/

-faast

·
Registered
64 Posts
holy shit, it just walked away from the SRT... actually RAN its ass away!!!

well they got AWD.. better grip more trac, more torque.. sighs... MODS MUST COME NOW!!!!! :shock: :lol:

Still i respect WRX's
good job subaru :roll: :shock: :lol: :wink:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
no it doesnt because you can obviously see the SRT4 owner cannot drive

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
acr2nv said:
no it doesnt because you can obviously see the SRT4 owner cannot drive
Haha same shit you guys accused the WRX owners of back when the videos of the WRX vs. the SRT came out. Pot calling kettle black perhaps?
-faast

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
not to mention they said he jumped the light.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
and one video is not definitive evidence.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lifeisdeath said:
not to mention they said he jumped the light.
Uhh watch the video again, you can't see the tree in the frame where they launch.
It's impossible to determine if he jumped the light.

-faast

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keep emm coming, I'm loving this.

So far we have:

"he jumped the light"
"the video is indeterminate"
"the SRT4 owner can't drive"

I don't hear the announcer say the STi jumped. He says something about it being interesting then he gives a run down of the times.

-faast

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Slow5OH said:

So far we have:

"he jumped the light"

-faast
and i quote from the nazi oc board.

"..and the STI had a bad run, you'll notice he was off the line before the lights turn green.. which only accentuated leaving the neon in the dust. He did look fast though.."

no one said anything else to the contrary, so i guess everyone else agrees with him.

"Also the pavement there is crappy and traction sucks for most anything unless you have slicks or AWD. "

by the way, i said ONE video is not definitive evidence. especially considering what happened.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lifeisdeath said:
Slow5OH said:

So far we have:

"he jumped the light"

-faast
and i quote from the nazi oc board.

"..and the STI had a bad run, you'll notice he was off the line before the lights turn green.. which only accentuated leaving the neon in the dust. He did look fast though.."

no one said anything else to the contrary, so i guess everyone else agrees with him.

"Also the pavement there is crappy and traction sucks for most anything unless you have slicks or AWD. "

by the way, i said ONE video is not definitive evidence. especially considering what happened.
Well all I'm saying is don't hold your breath. I think you're going to be seeing more videos like this in the future.

-faast

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
nobody ever claimed the srt4 was faster .. well i didnt for $35,000 without the markup i hope it would be .. but i'll stick to my arguement that the $15,000 i saved by buying the dodge will get me a 9 second qm ...
btw where is the rest of the video ?? a stock wrx ( non sti ) will smoke an srt4 off the light i wnna see the whole run, srt4's always play catch up.. even with the 227hp wrx .. let me know when you get the whole video ..
thanks troll you do good work :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
why have a 1/8th track? by the time you get to the good part its over? did wrx owners come up with racing 1/8 mile? :lol: :lol:

whats next? 1/16th mile?

try on drolanders srt-4 :p

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
yeah, its funny that they are bragging about the fact that they need a $35,000 car to beat a $20,000 econobox! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Run what ya brung. I'd like to see how the STi handles more than anything. Hector you gonna be getting one of these sometime soon?

-faast

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lifeisdeath said:
yeah, its funny that they are bragging about the fact that they need a $35,000 car to beat a $20,000 econobox! :twisted:
Is that all you got? Take it like a man, I love you guys I really do. Everytime you get beat it's always the same ole same ole. "Yeah well my Neon cost 12 grand less".

-faast

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
maybe i could race the sti on foot in a 2 foot race. i bet i could get my foot over the line before the sti knew what hit him.

run what ya brung.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts