Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ppl I got a chance to go back to the dyno to see what a couple of mods gave me.....The mods that I added were
DCR stg3 port
DCR oil pump
DCR windage tray
balance shaft deleted
DCR Oil cooler delete w/ big K&N filter....
6.5qts of oil per DCR instructions with oil pump upgrades......

Look at my hom a/f ratio........

The blue line is the before dyno back on Feb13....The red line is today....Why did my a/f ratio get richer?..........Everything is controlled by the pcm......

Check out my non hom mode a/f before and after dyno's:Red is feb13.....Blue is today.

The same thing the car got richer....
By the car getting richer .It cost me some hp......I will post up the dyno sheets in a little while.......

I was aiming at trying to get a steady 12.5 a/f by lowering the boost based on my previous dyno.But as you can see that was not the case.......I tried increasing the boost but that really did not do too much to the a/f ratio..
What gives? Do I have a boost leak?.Is my car retarded?
What could it be?........Now I'm seriously considering buying a Safc to lean out the a/f alittle to get some more hp.....

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Difference in Temps? Does it cause that much of a difference?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gmanigio said:
Difference in Temps? Does it cause that much of a difference?
I dont know if the temps would cause that much of a difference...

·
Registered
627 Posts
The S3 turbo port combined with the DCR oil pump and 1.5 qts more oil, balance shaft & chain removal puts less of a load on your motor which probably lowered your EGT's significantly. The PCM also may be pulling timing or boost based on the extra air flow it's reading. The fuel demand has probably been reduced since the PCM isn't trying to put out the flames of detonation.

Your Feb 13th dyno looks really lean especially in HOM. What was your boost at during the feb dyno compared to recently and how are you controlling it? How did the S3 porting affect the spool up? I wouldn't worry about the temporary power loss. It's hard to judge the 2 dynos and difference in power since your a/f is so different. Now you have room to play more with the boost, and the car is running in a safe range whereas before you were throwing dice with your motor....metaphorically speaking :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump for the ppl who hate running rich.............

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
distinctdev said:
you looked WAY lean before (bad), now you look safe with a room to play with the boost, why complain?

Since I did not do any fuel mods.......I was expecting to back the boost down and make more power with less boost........
You are right though the car is safer instead of being on the ragged edge...

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After talking to Darrell Cox yesterday we figured out that my O2 sensor was going bad or already bad.......I run 110 sunoco leaded fuel all the time...and the leaded fuel fubared my O2 sensor....

I'm going to replace the sensor and go back and dyno......

Posting up the dyno sheet would not have been a fair representation of the work that was done...When something was definetly amiss........

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
srad2drag said:
After talking to Darrell Cox yesterday we figured out that my O2 sensor was going bad or already bad.......I run 110 sunoco leaded fuel all the time...and the leaded fuel fubared my O2 sensor....

I'm going to replace the sensor and go back and dyno......

Posting up the dyno sheet would not have been a fair representation of the work that was done...When something was definetly amiss........
Fail to understand how the O2 sensor would affect a WOT pull???

·
Registered
646 Posts
Let Me Know!!

Let me know what kind of gains you got out of those mods. I am getting my Stage 3 ported in a month or two. I am VERY interested to see what gains you get out of it!!!

-Mike :ninja:

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Bump, I had similar results as you had here. I added on the bob's portwork and ceramic coat on the exhaust manifold, dcr mod, dcr intake manifold, dcr tb, hardpipes, maxx O2 housing and it had almost zero affect on my a/f.

Overall what's your take on the dcr mod drag? pm if ya want!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My a/f have leaned out from 12.0 to 13.2.1 from the recent changes I have made..This is without touching the w/g or safc...

I may have to zero out the safc to get things back in check again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts