Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm sure this has been asked, but I couldn't think of a search string that produced the answer I am looking for....

Why is the difference in price between Stg 2 w/ and w/o toys so dramatic?
It's $530!!! For "Dial a boost", race gas program and sprayer. Disregarding the "substantial" gains of running race gas, and having an ecu map to safely utilize it, I know you could make yourself an ic sprayer for under $5, and well, at the cost of gas many ppl wont ever run 100 oct. or not very often...

Does stg 2 w/o toys not have WOT boost hold? Is there something I'm missing here to justify the $530?!?!?

Thx.

·
Registered
647 Posts
SkruSUVs said:
Hi

I'm sure this has been asked, but I couldn't think of a search string that produced the answer I am looking for....

It's $530!!! For "Dial a boost", race gas program and sprayer. Disregarding the "substantial" gains of running race gas, and having an ecu map to safely utilize it, I know you could make yourself an ic sprayer for under $5, and well, at the cost of gas many ppl wont ever run 100 oct. or not very often...

Does stg 2 w/o toys not have WOT boost hold? Is there something I'm missing here to justify the $530?!?!?

Thx.
Dont forget the neato stock looking buttons the toys are on!!! :thumbsup:

If you plan on getting the stage 3, you should get the toys--it will totally be worth it with the new turbo. Check out Nov's SCC magazine.

·
Registered
246 Posts
SkruSUVs said:
Hi

Thx.
You can build an intercooler sprayer for $5.00 that interfaces with the PCM and sprays automatically?
I'll send you $10.00, please send me two.

·
Registered
985 Posts
The toys feature is something that retains the stock appearance and I would assume that it would increase the value over a non-toys vehicle down the road.

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
flicking the dial and moderating boost is great. like a boost controller, but more sophisticated than most, and the tuning is already done.

for daily driving, it's awesome. or the long highway trips or burst on those hot days, setting the IC to auto is great as well.

i asked myself the same question for many months prior to my april purchase, but to me it is worth it.

seems like if ou want or eventually want s3 you cant lose w/ the toys option...and race gas

since i'm just a daily driver, i've yet to try racegas or spend more than like 20 minutes TOTAL in 5mo's in DAB3. no traction whatsoever w/o serious clutch management :rofl:

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Sprayer = way more complex than folks think. It predicts higher intake temps and acts to prevent them. ,oh and spray patterns optimized in a wind tunnel, my Lowes just shut down their wind tunne last week:( :)

DAB, see above

racefuel = WAAAAAHOOOO!!!!!!!!! 20 whp NOW.

Abosolutley immpossble to duplcatew this functions for this amount of money, let alone integrate them with the PCM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.