Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After three days and three trips to my local stereo store, I have finally got my new head unit installed on the SRT-4 (a sony with AM/FM and mini-disc player.) It took a lot of hit n' miss since the SRT doesn't show up on anyone's list yet. Getting the right harness, antenna adapter, mounting kit...it's all been a big headache and extremely frustrating having to 'hurry up and wait' these past few days. Glad to have this install behind me now. :)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
did you try crutchfield?

Can't find your exact vehicle?
Click here to give us your vehicle info. If the components you want don't show up as fitting, we may be able to suggest other options. Give one of our Product Advisors a call at 1-888-955-6000, 8am - midnight, Eastern, for more information.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lifeisdeath said:
did you try crutchfield?

Can't find your exact vehicle?
Click here to give us your vehicle info. If the components you want don't show up as fitting, we may be able to suggest other options. Give one of our Product Advisors a call at 1-888-955-6000, 8am - midnight, Eastern, for more information.
No, I was just going through my local shop (trying to patronize the local shop...keep the dollars here in town, ya know.) In hindsight, I would have gone elsewhere though...these local guys were a bit pricey and not very helpful.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
yeah, they are the same way around here.

they want $150 to install a head unit.

$200 to install 2 subs, $100 to install component speakers, NTM the prices are rediculously high for the speakers/amps/head unit, etc.

crutchfield, and do-it-yourself are the way to go (unless they dont have what you want). but definitely do-it-yourself!!

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
post a pic....im very interested in seeing how you din adapter came out.....

Im gonan look into get a custom one for my tt and cd player :lol:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cali said:

Okie...will do. I'll post it when I get back (prolly Monday sometime.) One for your "tt"...you mean turntable?!?! You are ill my friend!!! :lol: Talk about needing massive anti-skate and tracking weight!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
ohyeahwright said:
cali said:

Okie...will do. I'll post it when I get back (prolly Monday sometime.) One for your "tt"...you mean turntable?!?! You are ill my friend!!! :lol: Talk about needing massive anti-skate and tracking weight!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
TT=Turbo Timer

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
ohyeahwright said:
cali said:

Yeas....one for my turn table!!!!! Its blue and about 1/4 din sized....looks soooooo sexy...

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cali said:
ohyeahwright said:
cali said:

Yeas....one for my turn table!!!!! Its blue and about 1/4 din sized....looks soooooo sexy...
:oops:

Hey, stranger things have been installed in cars! :lol:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
come check out my installs :lol: i dont have the subs in yet , but i will add the pics as soon as i get my amp .. your gonna have to cut/paste .. i cant seem to get my link to work ..

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/thispainisours

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
ok it works now :roll:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
all my interior bits are "momo" ..
the stock knob has no screws , you need to rip it off .. and the momo knob has a set of tourqe bit screws.. i didnt really understand the ebrake question.. if you meant was it a cover .. than no .. i had to pull off the stock cover with a screwdriver .. and the momo handle needs a spacing adapter so it fits , that also screws on .. the boot came seperate another $40 i think ...

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Very nice!
Exactly where I am planning on putting my tweeters!

More info on the shift knob please...cuz that cheap ass plastic ball has to go!!

NM....U answered already

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
i know the stock knob is so cheap. wait til you pull it off and really look at it .. check out the shop section at the top of the sounddomain site .. they have alot of stuff ,and the prices are pretty good, and they seem to have everything in stock .. also the ship fast .. i do most of my shopping there ..

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
not to get off subject, but thispainisours, i'm assuming since u live in mass that you had your car shipped from florida, or drove it back up here? is that correct? I'm from RI, and my dealer is finally listed on dodge's website under dealer search, but they still aren't exactly sure when they are gonna be here.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i do not know who you went through for your harness but my stereo shop just put my complete system in and they had a wiring harness and front plate for the car. the only problem they had was trying to fit the 6" tv's into the visors because of the thinness of the visor.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
mdhavi18, yeah we flew to florida to pick it up.. it was cheaper and more entertaining than freight .. total trip was about $600 for two people!! , took 25 hours to drive .. freight was $850 .. so i took a mini vacation..i've heard differant things about the n.east .. dodge is now promising an april launch up here , buuuuut........ i talked to the owner of a delership around here, and he told me june first looks a little more realistic.. whenever it is i got sick of waiting !!
actually i got my harness, antanae adapter , and all the other b.s. for $25 at wal-mart ... and installed it myself .. ive done everything in the car so far.. but i havnt touched the engine yet , so a mechanic may see the car yet ( nitrous :shock:) oh god how people are gonna kick my ass for saying that :lol:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
ohyeahwright said:
After three days and three trips to my local stereo store, I have finally got my new head unit installed on the SRT-4 (a sony with AM/FM and mini-disc player.) It took a lot of hit n' miss since the SRT doesn't show up on anyone's list yet. Getting the right harness, antenna adapter, mounting kit...it's all been a big headache and extremely frustrating having to 'hurry up and wait' these past few days. Glad to have this install behind me now. :)
I had my Kenwood Excelon head unit, Kenwood Music Keg, and Sirius satellite receiver installed by Tweeter about a month ago. They finished the whole job in about 2 hours. It was no problem.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The biggest problem I was having with the local guys was that they were only selling me one thing at a time. I bought the mounting kit, then discovered I needed a harness...bought the harness, then discovered I needed the little "ends" to crimp on the wires...bought them and crimped, then discovered I needed an antenna adapter. I think they were only being minimally helpful in the hope that I would get frustrated and turn the project over to them. Just a gut feeling, but a plausible one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
14 Participants
SyberKhanX
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing