Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a 2018 Dodge Charger hellcat. I have recently gotten an alignment and 4 new tires. The alignment sheet checked out good and the road force balance was done properly. I am noticing at high speeds or when doing 40-50 rolls the steering feels quite loose or as if the front end is floating. I’ve also noticed the car will drift to the right when the steering wheel is pointed straight. If anyone can give some pointers of where I should start first I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also the alignment was just done so if it’s already coming out of alignment what could it possibly be? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,654 Posts
There's a lot of things it could be, likely something in the suspension. Honestly the best way to diagnose is to have a tire shop you TRUST to go through everything. It is surprising to me that you'd have an alignment and new tires, and have the shop that did it entirely miss something that would be causing a problem?

One other possibility: Did you go with cheaper tires? Or did you just change the brand/style of tires? For instance, I went away from the stock KDW-2 tires years ago on my car, and went with a tire called the Yokohama S-Drive, they were highly rated, supposedly same performance but less road noise.

Very first day I had them on the car, went to do an emergency lane change due to a large tree branch in the road, car went sideways on me and nearly crashed. Drove right back to the tire shop and told them "No way" went back to the stock tires.

It can be surprising how much of a different type of tire can change the overall performance of a car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the roads here are a little rough? I’ve read a lot about how it could be a tie rod going bad or something like that. I also am running the same tires I had on the car before. No changes there

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
i'm pretty sure your car has different driving modes which are selectable through the in dash infotainment system. Steering is one of those. A setting may have gotten changed to something other than what you're used to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts