Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys I recently purchased an 05 srt4 and I was planning on doing stuff to it so I plan on doing a top and bottom end rebuild it has a few things done already. Also I must mention I know that these things are fairly expensive to work on and I realize that 馃槀 I'm just wondering this

1.-Best rebuild kit for the money ( not trying to break the bank)

2.- If not a kit what separate pistons, rods, valves etc. Could I buy separately to have a decent build
3.- this will be a daily/ street racer so I'm wanting some power but nothing crazy.
Also anything I should get to add on to the build to add the best power gains.
Thanks.

Registered
Depending on the power you are wanting to make, if you want to push over 500whp this is what I would do. I would check with Darrell Cox Racing, they offer some awesome DIY kits for these engines.

Registered
Depending on the power you are wanting to make, if you want to push over 500whp this is what I would do. I would check with Darrell Cox Racing, they offer some awesome DIY kits for these engines.
If you go with anything DCR has to make, it will take about a year longer than you think it should. They make good stuff, but don't think you are going to get it on a reasonable schedule.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Registered
If you go with anything DCR has to make, it will take about a year longer than you think it should. They make good stuff, but don't think you are going to get it on a reasonable schedule.

I agree unfortunately, I worked with them for 5 years when they were based in North Carolina. Main reason for the wait then most parts were built to order. I know that first hand.

Registered
I agree unfortunately, I worked with them for 5 years when they were based in North Carolina. Main reason for the wait then most parts were built to order. I know that first hand.
Yup, we waited 27 months longer than quoted for a cylinder head. Was not disappointed when it arrived...but it definitely took time.

Registered
Yup, we waited 27 months longer than quoted for a cylinder head. Was not disappointed when it arrived...but it definitely took time.

The parts and builds are awesome, you can make killer power with the DCR parts. Darrell鈥檚 whole operation is more streamline should not take as long for parts.

Registered
MAP, done, easy
Eagle
Weisco
Arp
Gasket kit

Reactions: lilviper
1 - 7 of 7 Posts