Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car back from warrantied tranny work, drove it back to my friends house and chilled there for a bit till about 1 am. I go in my car and try to start it up.

I turn the key and the car turns into a screaming banshee and it wouldn't kick over. I tried again, SCREEEEECCCH.

And now I see my friends neighbors start turning on lights inside their houses :lol:. My buddies come out of the house to see whats goin on and I try again, still won't kick over.

Well we try a 3 more times to start it up, to no avail.

One of my buddies had an idea, he got in the car and told a couple of us to push it, so we pushed it down the road and while its rolling he does something and the car starts. :huh: I asked him and he mumbled something I didn't catch.

So anyway. Starter is dead. Seems kinda early for the starter to go kaput so maybe the dealer accidently bumped it when redoing the synchros for the trans? I'm gonna take it back there and see what they do.
Question is does a starter take long to replace and has anyone had this problem before?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
nolimits said:
One of my buddies had an idea, he got in the car and told a couple of us to push it, so we pushed it down the road and while its rolling he does something and the car starts. :huh: I asked him and he mumbled something I didn't catch.
Thats the BEST signature material EvaR right there :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
He pop started it...Basically your front wheels are your starter...Hold in the the clutch with the car off, give it a little gas and if your going fast enough it'll start...

My starters seems to be acting up lately too...I only have 3100 miles...I always shut off the ac (to relieve the starter of the extra load)...

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Boost n Juice said:
My starters seems to be acting up lately too...I only have 3100 miles...I always shut off the ac (to relieve the starter of the extra load)...
I dont *think* there is any load. When you turn on the AC, do you notice it takesa few seconds for the clutch to kick in?The only thing should be the blower running if you have the AC switch turned on when cranking.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well apparently they didn't connect the starter or some crap to the flywheel so thats what the screeching is from. Time to take it back to the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts