Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Start and stall condition.....sometimes???

Ok, so here's what I have seen so far over the past week. Last Saturday night, coming up to a light after putting it in neutral the car just stalled. It didn't stall in gear or using throttle, only when I let the RPMS fall in neutral or park. Kept doing it for about 60 seconds before it finally went away. I was worried of course but it didn't happen again so I just filed it away to watch out for if it happened again. This past Monday morning it happened again on the way to work. Didn't go away (at first). Was very worried at this point, messed with it awhile and called dealer. Was on the way there when I thought to check the Ground wire for my HKS Type 1 TT and it seemed a little loose. Whammo, it went away. Couldn't get it to happen again. Called the dealer and said to disgreguard, I found the problem - loose ground.

Now this has been completely fine until yesterday night so I assumed I found the issue. Evidently I did not. I have done plenty of searching and I'll spout off what it is not; it is not fuse 21 or 20 or any other fuse. They are all good. The TPS looks tight and so the the CPS. I did not voltage test the TPS while running under closed throttle to see if it was reading .92 or less. I am not comfortable enough to mess with that, I'd rather the dealer use their DRBIII to test than pulling the sensor and trying to do the same with a multimeter.

Anyone have any ideas? Should I try to remove and reattach the TPS and or CPS? I'll be taking it to the dealer Wednesday for other work (bad 1/1 O2 sensor / heater needs replacing) so if it isn't acting up again next time I get in I'll wait until then, otherwise I'll have to call in an emergency I suppose.

It's worth noting I'm sure that the problem ALWAYS begins with my accelreating a little beyond normal driving. Not much, I don't have to 'floor it' to get it to occur. More unusual to me was that this completely stopped happening from Monday morning on, until last night and I most assurredly 'got on it' several times since then before it started again, but now that it is happening again, 'getting on it' (almost every time) causes the condition to reappear.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me add that today I regrounded the HKS and mutlimeter tested for restistance. It looks fine, still same problems however.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok the problem went away again. I removed my MBC and returned the vacuum lines to stock. When the MBC was on previously I had removed (but not capped) the green line and black line from solenoid #2. I had the MBC connected to the green line closer to the turbo where the rubber joining hose connected the straight longer green line (attached to sol #2) to the shorter curved green line (attached to the turbo). The black line was left uncapped and open still attached to sol #2 and the longer (now unused) green line was also still attached and uncapped. After returning the vacuum lines to stock setup through the SOL #2 (and this COULD just be a coicidence of course...that's what I'd like to find out actually) it stopped doing it. Like I said though, it went away before so I am not jumping to conclusions, I just want to know if uncapped green and / or black lines on SOL #2 could cause the issue I described?

Thanks ahead of time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts