Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sales on SRT-4 are going like Hotcakes in southern California and maybe in Florida, since the coastline folks got them first.

The dealerships in my area are now planning to markup the cars from 1K to 3K over MSRP.

If you are planning to purchase a unit, buy it now before it happens.

Good luck.

·
Registered
295 Posts
SRT-4 in CAli 4 MSRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!act now ASAP

Hey Hemi D Its me again, well my bro @ BARWICK DODGE in san juan capistrano can and will get you one @ MSRP From San Diego is about 80miles....... Call NOW they have ( i hope)!! a yellow and a red one I got a red one with one mile on it!!!!!!!!!!! 949 493 8210 ask for only Brian Koritzer let me know if you get one!!!!!!!!! later brotha thank me later when we both rule tha West Coast (and eljefe too!!!!!!)

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I purchased it last week and had it sent to a sound shop to remove that lame stereo unit.

Have you noticed that other weak Neon cars want to race you? Unlike the Hondas they just back off and stay in the rear. These drivers are either stupid or out to prove themselve. Go figure...

However going to Walmart I had two other Neons wanted to race and I had to laugh.

Just watch them when they see you coming.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was at huntington beach dodge today, and they were marking them up $5000 above MSRP. When I said I would only pay MSRP, and that I was gonna goto Tustin Doge to see what they could do, the salesman stopped me and said that we could probably work MSRP out. I think you just have to insist on paying MSRP, and a lot of dealers will probably sell it for that if you try hard enough.

·
Registered
48 Posts
SRT-Hunter, what salesman did you talk to? I've been to the dealership twice, and I've told them my intentions. Both times I've talked to Jessie, and he says that they could work something out...but I don't know if they'd go down to MSRP.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh ya, SRT-driven, I've called Brian back a couple of times, but everytime I call the dealership he's been with a customer. And I've called his cell phone, and he won't answer. I definitely want to get a hold of him as in two weeks my mother said that we'd go to see if we could get mine. She has to sign for me as I'm only 18. How much money would I have to put down for a deposit to keep it there until I'm ready to buy? I really don't want to miss out on getting one at MSRP!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Fair enough....lol. I do have about $2300 saved up right now, and am shooting to have 3 grand total when I get ready to buy. Which will be in about 2 or 3 weeks considering my birthday is next Saturday, and I'm hoping to get some money from my parents....lol. I know that's cheating, but I want my car!

·
Registered
726 Posts
cutlass4lfe said:
Fair enough....lol. I do have about $2300 saved up right now, and am shooting to have 3 grand total when I get ready to buy. Which will be in about 2 or 3 weeks considering my birthday is next Saturday, and I'm hoping to get some money from my parents....lol. I know that's cheating, but I want my car!

Beg, borrow or steal...whatever it takes man! LOL This car is soooooo worth it!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
try harder Cutlass4lfe

·
Registered
48 Posts
Give me a break, if it was up to me I would've bought it on Friday when I took the second test drive. Too bad that dealership had a $5000 markup! Oh ya, and I also need the "ok" by my mom! Sucks huh to have to wait until my mom is willing to sign for me!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
nah, it just requires some more sweet talking. everyone (for the most part) had to beg from their parents too so its not like you're the only one. just part of life :) so suck it up. hey mom, its got abs! i can build credit for myself! it has a 7 year warranty! etc

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
dont forget to tell her "its just a Neon...PLEASE?"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Unfortunately she knows it's not a regular neon....lol. I've talked about the car a lot to her (like she cares). Though she has a lot of trust in me and knows I'm not the most complete idiot for an 18 year old at least.

·
Registered
726 Posts
cutlass4lfe said:
Unfortunately she knows it's not a regular neon....lol. I've talked about the car a lot to her (like she cares). Though she has a lot of trust in me and knows I'm not the most complete idiot for an 18 year old at least.
If you want, we could start sending emails to her on your behalf... :lol:

"Yeah, (insert your name here) is a great kid and a fantastic driver! He also mentioned he'd clean the gutters when the weather gets warmer..."

·
Registered
295 Posts
OKay here it is.....

okay I could hold the car for you but you need to call me or something to confirmit .I am going there in an hour to take pictures of the car with the sales staff because I bougt the first Srt-4 @barwick. With 3 grand down and a co-signer(yourmom) I assume you would be looking at 21,800.00 out the door minus the 3,000.00 down so you finance 18,800.00 your payments would be about 363.00 for 5 years not counting the interst rate your mother would qualify for. lets say she gets you 5.9, so 5.9 each year of the amount would be an extra 90.00 a month total is 450.0 a month or you could get 6year instead od 5 year and it would be cheaper I got 9.9% and a Bad Ass Srt-4 Red get it NOw

·
Registered
20 Posts
Isn't 9.9% a bit high for an automobile finance rate? Maybe I'm totally out os sync with the U.S interest rates (I'm in Canada, but I though the base lending rate was higher here), but the higherst rate I've seen publicized is about 7% from Toyota.

I'd say that anything under 4% is terrific since it would be below the current inflation rate, so the interest isn't really costing you anything.

DC just started a promo here where they offer 0.8% for 60 months on all their vehicles. Now if they can get the damn cars out here, I'd be the first one to get one at that rate. That Turbo PT is also looking quite interesting now too...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
8 Participants
cutlass4lfe
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing