Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today, a couple friends and I decided to try to fit my buddy's 19" staggered Axis Supermesh rims on my SRT4. I am lowered on mopar stage 1 springs.

Front: 19x8.5, 35mm offset, 235/35/19 tires
Back: 19x9.5, 40mm offset, 265/35/19 tires

Sorry some of the pictures are not that great. To say the least, EVO's tire education thread is definately right. The front wheels fit great, but the back ones don't even come close to fitting. We put the back ones on, and they were wedged against the strut, and there was a finger sized space between the rim and the brake area (couldn't think of a better word, but it wasn't sitting flush with the hub). We tried moving the car out of the garage to see if we could do a photoshoot atleast on the driveway. No such luck. The car backed up ok for about 3 feet, then the back wheel vibrated crazy, so we decided not to push it any further. Thus why the pictures are taken in such a stupid spot.

However, I do still think they look SICK! I like the dish. It's too bad we can't fit big staggered rims on the back, atleast without hammering the strut. Anyways, I took some pictures, just to show how it does look, but how it obviously doesn't fit.

My buddies and I were looking at it, trying to figure out a way to work a staggered rim, and we were wondering if we put a 19x9 or 9.5 on the back with a lower offset like 20 or 25, and then stretched a 245 or 255 series rubber, would it fit? I know there may be a few fender issues, but if we tuned a set of coilovers just right, and really stretched the rubber, could it work?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Look Cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the Pic with the Black RaZR Phone on the Wheel

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MoparbeastSRT4 said:
Look Cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the Pic with the Black RaZR Phone on the Wheel
hahah it's there now! can't believe I forgot that one!

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Glad to see you did some test fitting of your own. I really wish we can have a deep dish in the back like that and actually its funny because Axis allows FWD cars like ours to have that staggered look without the complications. The Axis Decade is one that utilizes their Maxis lip system which allows the wheel to maintain a tolerable width but use a small mounting pad to deepen the lip. Since our rear calipers are much smaller we can use a wheel with a shorter mounting pad which allows the face of the wheel to be sunken in so to speak which gives the deep dish.

Honestly, I really think we can get away with a 9" wide wheel with a 34 or 35 offset. In my experience with a 8.5" wide wheel I feel that there is a way. Bad thing about it is that 17x9 or 18x9 5x100 wheels in a mid 30's offset are pretty hard to come by.

·
Registered
61 Posts
LOL nice Kevin.

These are actually my wheels off my 2002 VW Jetta....we thought it would be cool to try them out so we did. offsets are 35et up front and 40et in the back and the rear tire is actually a 30 series NOT a 35....... 265/30/19.

still they looked pretty sick, much better in person. i would think a 8.5/8" with a 30et would sit close to flush and have crazy dish. there was tonnes of room between the spokes and the caliper just the tires were rubbing on the strut. a 245 tire would solve that problem i bet.

here are my pics.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can You say WIDEBODY KIT :wah?!:

That is HOT!

I want to do something like that, would it rub with coilovers?

Later mike

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
front driver tire is on backwards. not my style. a+ for original.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2004NeonSRT4 said:
front driver tire is on backwards. not my style. a+ for original.
the rims were in plastic bags, so we just took one rim of each size. We knew the car wasn't going to be driven anywhere.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
LondonSRT4 said:
the rims were in plastic bags, so we just took one rim of each size. We knew the car wasn't going to be driven anywhere.
Hey man if you sent me a PM back yesterday I did not get it...the board took a crap.

Let me know if you are around tonight you can come check out the coilovers :).

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
axisreverb2k7 said:
i really like the deep dish look and love axis rims

i want a 19" set up with atleast 225 in the front.

possible?
I believe 235 is the biggest recommended tire for our car, but people have been known to fit 245s.

Personally I just ordered some 19s with 235/35/19 rubber.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts