Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed the stage one and the stage two wga at the same time and nothing went as expected i have an o5 with the mopar bov and cai. i installed the wga with very little preload and when i ran the car for a little while expecting to get boost spikes untill the computer learned, i barely got over what i was getting stock (14-11) what the hell? i thought the wga and stage one were pretty much plug and play. am i missing something?
anything is appreciated due to the fact that i have this afternoon to fix the problem

Erik

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Did you check for that 4mm arm stretch?
Basically spin the arm of the wga counterclockwise for 2 minutes, really, and then hook it back up. I did. I have the same S1+S2 wga and in 2nd and 3rd boost 20, falling to 16-17. I don't have a bov either, stock surge. No air intake thing either....it should work. Now for the famous question:
Have you checked for a boost leak?

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
buzzkill said:
i installed the stage one and the stage two wga at the same time and nothing went as expected i have an o5 with the mopar bov and cai. i installed the wga with very little preload and when i ran the car for a little while expecting to get boost spikes untill the computer learned, i barely got over what i was getting stock (14-11) what the hell? i thought the wga and stage one were pretty much plug and play. am i missing something?
anything is appreciated due to the fact that i have this afternoon to fix the problem

Erik
They are a bit different, but you basically set it to about the same as stock WGA with putting little to no preload on it. Install it the way you would if you had the entire S2 kit with it. You will see a difference or you have a leak somewhere that you didn't know of.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is the other part of the prolblem fellas:
drove it around a little while ago and when i "pedal the to metaled" it, it sounded terrible the boost was about 14-15 in second and third. when it is floored there is a whoooshing noise that is strikingly similar to the sound of the bov conversion, but it is constant at wot. if i let off the gas a very small amount, the gauge spikes to 18 or so but if i hammer it again it drops to about 14 and the noise resumes i don't know if it is possible for the bov conversion to be opening up and staying partially open during wot, but i can tell you this: when i had the stock wga and the stage one it would do this also but when i put the stage o back on, no problem

? :crying:

i am in need of some serious advice on what the hell is going on

hope i detailed this enough to give someone a chance to help me remedy this problem

Erik

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
help fellas
:buah:

·
Registered
245 Posts
dude thats a boost leak...im pretty sure whenever u hear air escaping like that its a boost leak 90% of the time...check that out...cant hurt to boost leak test...only wierd things is u tell me it doesnt happen when u go stage 0...did u reset the pcm??...

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i'm sure it reset when i put the stage one on but just to be sure i disconnected the battery for a two minutes and then reconnected but still the same problem i just don't know what could be leaking that would be sooo much that it sounded like the bov

i am about ready to call it quits

is there a good thread that shows an assembly for a boost leak detecter

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
usually when reseting the pcm by unhooking the battery it takes more then 2 minutes. usuallya round 30 minutes. However, you can pull the yellow 20amp fuse in the distribuition center to reset the pcm also

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
For one do a leak test/check. Two this stuff happens all the time people get more than one thing and put them all on at once and shit goes haywire. As hard as it is put things on one by one that way if there is a problem "usually something happens" its easier to narrow down. In this case its def the wga since s1 has nothing to do with the other crap. I would set the wga lower than s2 settings try to spike 15-16 and let the PCM get used to shit first "generally 2-4 days depends how much you drive" Once you have everything running good from here then try to raise boost no higher than 18 since you have no fuel mods and then see how the pcm likes that. You really should go by what your afrs say is best but get your car happy first then you will be happy.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but wouldn't the stage one be reset since it sat in a box for a month why would i need to reset it again after the parts were on?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts