Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finnally decided to go the stage 3 route. However, I know that once I get it, I will eventually want more power out of it :eveilgrin , especially not running race gas (running 93 pump). So my questions are:

I see there is 2 versions, one with a steel wheel. Differences?
What can I expect for boost peak/hold just bolting stg 3 on?
Does the AGP Stage 3 WGA cause PTB like it does on stock turbo?
Can I mapclamp Stage 3 to lean it out or is there a better method?
What are some of the most common mods that really wake the stage 3 up?

Thanks in advance for any imput, opinions, suggestions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,921 Posts
$PK$ said:
I finnally decided to go the stage 3 route. However, I know that once I get it, I will eventually want more power out of it :eveilgrin , especially not running race gas (running 93 pump). So my questions are:

I see there is 2 versions, one with a steel wheel. Differences?
The difference is price. The steel wheel spools slightly slower, but the difference is not really noticeable.


What can I expect for boost peak/hold just bolting stg 3 on?
You can expect to peak anywhere from 21-25psi, and hold anywhere from 18-23 depending on how you set the wga.


Does the AGP Stage 3 WGA cause PTB like it does on stock turbo?
no

Can I mapclamp Stage 3 to lean it out or is there a better method?
What are some of the most common mods that really wake the stage 3 up?
You could use a mapclamp, but I wouldn't recommend it. As for mods that wake it up.....exhaust, fmic, maxxfab s3 o2 housing, cti charge pipe. You also might want to look at the 44lb/min compressor wheel upgrade. Traction is going to be a major headache now, so look at the New Design traction control system as well.

Thanks in advance for any imput, opinions, suggestions.
:thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,146 Posts
common mods: DCR does a ramp mod and some porting....PTP is working on a big wheel i believe...Realtune has the ext gate as well as porting.....BUT....Bob at FNF has probably the best overall kit/stuff....44lb/47lb or 49lb wheel...coating...porting....one of his Stg 3 powered cars just dumped 394 on the dyno without HOM :wah?!: ....so theirs some options to think over....go with a SAFC 2 or NEO to lean it out....good luck and have fun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,552 Posts
FNF does the wheel upgrades now too???
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
32,448 Posts
Big wheel is ready and no need to pull any fuel, if anything you may need to add a little bit. We have 2 that are ready for sale in our section. That would the be easiest and simple way to bolt on another 50 or more HP if you wanted to keep the PNP of stage 3. A fuel pump rewire might be needed in order to keep the fuel supply up to meet the needs of the new compressor wheel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ptperformance said:
Big wheel is ready and no need to pull any fuel, if anything you may need to add a little bit. We have 2 that are ready for sale in our section. That would the be easiest and simple way to bolt on another 50 or more HP if you wanted to keep the PNP of stage 3. A fuel pump rewire might be needed in order to keep the fuel supply up to meet the needs of the new compressor wheel.
If I dont need to pull any fuel with the PTP S3 mod, will I be able to avoid a SAFC or DTEC? I can do the pump rewire and possibly another fuel mod and be set? I am very interested in this mod, however, If I am going to have to tune the hell out of it with a device I might as well go 50 trim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,552 Posts
I would like to know this also.. and how much more could you sqeeze out of the S3 big wheel with a tune on the SAFCII? I'm debating if I want to tune my S3 or not.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
i'll have an answer on this as soon as this weekend maybe...or early next week...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
32,448 Posts
$PK$ said:
ptperformance said:
Big wheel is ready and no need to pull any fuel, if anything you may need to add a little bit. We have 2 that are ready for sale in our section. That would the be easiest and simple way to bolt on another 50 or more HP if you wanted to keep the PNP of stage 3. A fuel pump rewire might be needed in order to keep the fuel supply up to meet the needs of the new compressor wheel.
If I dont need to pull any fuel with the PTP S3 mod, will I be able to avoid a SAFC or DTEC? I can do the pump rewire and possibly another fuel mod and be set? I am very interested in this mod, however, If I am going to have to tune the hell out of it with a device I might as well go 50 trim.
We are waiting to see if the fuel pump rewire fixes it. If not then I have a set of 735 injetors that should fit the bill and eliminate the need for a piggy back. If not just adding WI would fix it as well. The SST-STG3 runs into the 12's on stock fuel and boost control so a little shot of WI would make it all the much better.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
32,448 Posts
Pimpazzberetta said:
I would like to know this also.. and how much more could you sqeeze out of the S3 big wheel with a tune on the SAFCII? I'm debating if I want to tune my S3 or not.
Well we know that our SST-STG3 adds 50 WHP on stock tune. Most of that is from it leaning out. Now if you really wanted to make some power then yes the tuning with a piggy back or a stand alone and additional fuel would really make some crazy HP numbers. How far can the PTP SST-STG3 go, not sure. We have flowed the compressor wheel and they say 480 to 500 HP is what they are getting flow wise (440 to 460 wheel). So only time will tell what we can get out of these. Only one more left till next week then we should have 3 more ready.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,140 Posts
supermech21 said:
common mods: DCR does a ramp mod and some porting....PTP is working on a big wheel i believe...Realtune has the ext gate as well as porting.....BUT....Bob at FNF has probably the best overall kit/stuff....44lb/47lb or 49lb wheel...coating...porting....one of his Stg 3 powered cars just dumped 394 on the dyno without HOM :wah?!: ....so theirs some options to think over....go with a SAFC 2 or NEO to lean it out....good luck and have fun

I actually tuned that car. Bobs work was on the manifold.

I also offer the 44,47,49 lb wheels with my race manifold. We should have Brads car done fairly soon..so keep an eye out for that. I also have 5 other combos like this that should be popping up soon :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,552 Posts
What's your cost on each of these wheel upgrades, or are they listed on your site or vendor section?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top