TBP CUSTOM GTX PROFILE BILLETNCOMPRESSOR WHEEL 73MM
TBP UPGRADED 18MM THRUST KIT
DUAL OIL FEED
LARGER PADS
NEW BEARINGS
NEW SEALS
NEW PISTON RINGS
HONED BEARING HOUSING
TBP 9 BLADE HIGH FLOW TURBINE WHEEL (EXTENDED HEIGHT)
ULTRASONIC CLEANED INTERNALS AND COMPUTER BALANCED ASSEMBLY

PORT N POLISH EXHAUST MANIFOLD
MPX STAGE 3 O2 HOUSING 3.5IN TO 3IN
EXHAUST MANIFOLD-CERAMIC COATING IN/OUT
HKS BLOW OFF VALVE SSQV
DCR OIL PUMP
DCR OIL PICK UP TUBE
DCR BIG OIL FILTER KIT
DCR WINDAGE TRAY
AEM SRI
QUICK WHIPS BFMIC
SLOWBOY RACING CRASH BAR
TORQUE SOLUTIONS PHANTOM BLACK ENGINE/TRANS MOUNTS
255LPH FUEL PUMP
FUEL PUMP RE-WIRE KIT
AGP FUEL RETURN KIT
GUTTED FPR AND AP FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR UNDER HOOD WITH GAUGE
RED LINE TUNING HOOD STRUTS
180 DEGREE THERMOSTAT
MPX CATCH CAN
P-WERKS GROUNDING KIT
3” E.D. TURBO-BACK EXHAUST W/ MAGNAFLOW CROSSFLOW MUFFLER
HP TUNERS MPVI 2
N2MB WOT BOX W/ 2 STEP
BOOGER BLUE SHIFTER BUSHINGS
TURBONECTICS COLD SIDE PIPE
DCR OIL MOD
SUMMIT RACING BATTERY RELOCATION KIT

Ok now replacement part i have done are as follows:
Mopar cam sensor
Mopar coil pack
Mopar IACV
Mopar throttle position sensor
Walbro 255
AEM fuel return and regulator set at 58 psi on vacuum at idle

PROBLEM:
Will crank over and not start. NO CEL at all. just continuously turns over no start, no back fire. getting spark and fuel.
12 v because new battery. Before this while driving would seem as if it has a dead miss while driving. would be random and random times. also while under hard acceleration in boost i would get a boost cut like the car would kill out it would miss so bad. im stmped and dont know where to begin from here.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Timing belt jump?
good point. it was replaced with the gates racing belt about 50k miles ago. tensioner, water pump and all was replaced but ill see if i can pull top cover off and inspect the timing marks. may also try a compression test?

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Check the ASD (Automatic Shut Down) relay.

This happened to my car one time - they ONLY time she has ever left me stranded.
The thin black wire (ground) near the top driver's side of the valve cover became disconnected.
When it grounded out it apparently blew the ASD Relay.
Engine would crank but not start and no CEL's.

A new ASD and carefully re-attaching that black grounding wire to the noise supressor box solved it.

FWIW my car also has a full Stage 3+Toys upgrade but that was really nothing to do with the problem.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the ASD (Automatic Shut Down) relay.

This happened to my car one time - they ONLY time she has ever left me stranded.
The thin black wire (ground) near the top driver's side of the valve cover became disconnected.
When it grounded out it apparently blew the ASD Relay.
Engine would crank but not start and no CEL's.

A new ASD and carefully re-attaching that black grounding wire to the noise supressor box solved it.

FWIW my car also has a full Stage 3+Toys upgrade but that was really nothing to do with the problem.
I swapped the ASD relay with the A/C relay with no change. Now the ASD relay did blow one time with no known issues. So my Noise supressor box only has the plug that goes to it and it is bolted to the head so no ground wire there.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did just go and check the wire to the noise suppressor thing. The wire is frayed at the connector but doesn't have anywhere or anything to touch. Going to cut the plug off, extend the wire, and see if thats the problems.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I swapped the ASD relay with the A/C relay with no change. Now the ASD relay did blow one time with no known issues. So my Noise supressor box only has the plug that goes to it and it is bolted to the head so no ground wire there.
Didn;t know you'd already swapped the ASD. Sorry.
Not sure why your ASD blew for not apparent reason.
My Noise Suppressor box has a wire that goes into it.
That wire is a ground for the PCM with the ASD involved.
If memory serves me.
But check the wiring schematic in the FSM.

·
Registered
05 Neon SRT4
13 Posts
That wire on the noise suppressor (it's a capacitor inside the box) actually has 12v on it so if it were to touch ground it will blow the fuse that feeds it. I found this out the hard way lol. The fuse that feeds that noise suppressor also feeds the ASD, coils, injectors O2s and a couple other important pieces. Blowing that fuse caused my car to do exactly what yours is doing. You should check the fuse that feeds the ASD it's fuse #21 in the under hood box. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That wire on the noise suppressor (it's a capacitor inside the box) actually has 12v on it so if it were to touch ground it will blow the fuse that feeds it. I found this out the hard way lol. The fuse that feeds that noise suppressor also feeds the ASD, coils, injectors O2s and a couple other important pieces. Blowing that fuse caused my car to do exactly what yours is doing. You should check the fuse that feeds the ASD it's fuse #21 in the under hood box. Hope this helps!
It just randomly started the other day. Don’t know what’s wrong yet. Sounds like a dead miss every once in a while and afrs drop to lean when it happens. Almost ready to part it out lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts