Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have heard some information regarding the release of Stage 3 Turbo kit release.

At this time, product is being acquired for initial release sometime near the end of October. They want this to be a much smoother release than the Stage 2 was by having sufficient quantities in stock at time of ordering.

When we hear more, we will post it in here.

Ted

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
(Patiently waits.........)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Impatiently waiting........

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
What else do we not know about S3 that hasn't been posted already?

I know ebbtide mentioned that S3 will come with a new dp which was news to me.

·
Registered
875 Posts
We have heard some information regarding the release of Stage 3 Turbo kit release.

At this time, product is being acquired for initial release sometime near the end of October. They want this to be a much smoother release than the Stage 2 was by having sufficient quantities in stock at time of ordering.

When we hear more, we will post it in here.

Ted
ROCK ON. . . Another rough date to come and go without S3. This is beginning to feel like I'm waiting on Halo 2.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no pricing information at this time.
No info on DP or required parts b4 install.
If we find out, we will post it here.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mldvenm said:
The down pipe is the cat delete pipe that is already listed I believe. I don't think it comes with S3 does it?
I don't think it does, why else would they be selling it separately?
If we find out it does though, we will post that information as sonn as we get it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Maybe my dealership will put it on hehe.

·
Registered
626 Posts
wouldn't the downpipe have to come with it? i thought the stage 3 turbo design had a 5-bolt downpipe flange instead of the stock 4-bolt (which i thought was pretty damn stupid). but that's still all rumors.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Exactly. How is the stock dp or any other dp for that matter suppose to bolt up to a 5 bolt flange?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
JustANeonButBadass said:
wouldn't the downpipe have to come with it? i thought the stage 3 turbo design had a 5-bolt downpipe flange instead of the stock 4-bolt (which i thought was pretty damn stupid). but that's still all rumors.
it will come with a new O2 housing because of the 5 bolt design on the turbo side, but the other end of the O2 housing should be a 4 bolt to match up with the stock downpipe. i don't think it comes with the downpipe, but it's most definately needed.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
If the new turbo design is a 5 bolt flange, then I would assume that the kit will come with a DP, or O2 housing. I am sure we will find out in the near future as to what is included, what else may be required, How much, and when it will be released for sure.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
mdhavi18 said:
it will come with a new O2 housing because of the 5 bolt design on the turbo side, but the other end of the O2 housing should be a 4 bolt to match up with the stock downpipe. i don't think it comes with the downpipe, but it's most definately needed.
Never thought about it that way. I guess that would make more sense.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Here's what ebbtide had to say, note disclaimer statement at the bottom.

ebbtide said:
The dp is larger diameter and has a different bolt pattern, so at least that portion of your exhaust would need to be changed. However, it's my understanding that just like s2 was built and sold to work with any exhaust you might already have, s3 will be as well - aside from the dp section.

And everyone should know that until s3 is out, all of this info is rumor, not offical.
So we know the 02 housing and downpipe share the five bolt. How this squares with my mopar exhaust, who knows, maybe have to sell that and go Maxxfabb full 3 inch.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
evo77 said:
Never thought about it that way. I guess that would make more sense.
Now that of course is an assumption on my end. We've all seen pics of the S3 manifold/turbo combo, and it definately has the 5 bolt exhaust outlet. So i think mopar would pretty much HAVE to include the O2 housing to fit... and i would think it would be 4 bolts on the other end to fit the 8 million aftermarket DP's out there. It would really be cruel of Mopar to make the O2 housing 5 bolts on both ends, thereby rendering all the aftermarket DP's currently on the market pretty much useless. You would have to bring it to an exhaust shop and have them cut off the 4 bolt flange and reweld a 5 bolt flange on there. :grimrippe

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Yes, I agree with mdhavi18. Comes with new o2 housing, but dp w/ 5 bolt pattern would not be a smart move by mopar.

·
Registered
641 Posts
mdhavi18 said:
Now that of course is an assumption on my end. We've all seen pics of the S3 manifold/turbo combo, and it definately has the 5 bolt exhaust outlet. So i think mopar would pretty much HAVE to include the O2 housing to fit... and i would think it would be 4 bolts on the other end to fit the 8 million aftermarket DP's out there. It would really be cruel of Mopar to make the O2 housing 5 bolts on both ends, thereby rendering all the aftermarket DP's currently on the market pretty much useless. You would have to bring it to an exhaust shop and have them cut off the 4 bolt flange and reweld a 5 bolt flange on there. :grimrippe
Mopar thinks mopar. So i wouldn't be surprised if it was 5 bolt on both sides, and then the downpipe would mate to the Borla exhaust.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts