Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
jakes_new_toy said:
Just got them put in. For all the people who have them what settings do you all like? Front/Back how many turns..
I ran mine per instructions (1/2 and 1/2) for about 1000 miles then I dropped one turn to the soft side. I feel it's a more confortable ride now. Not as "hard". I'll leave it there for awhile. I have both front and back set the same.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have mine at the neutral setting per instructions. There are six full turns on the shocks. I have mine at 3 front and rear.

At the track, I like to give the rear 1 more turn hard to 4
and the front 1 turn back to soft for a 3.

So basically, mine are as follows:
front rear
Street: Neutral 3 3
Track 1/4mile: 2 4

1 being full soft 6 being full hard

·
Registered
333 Posts
Guys, a performance suspension is not supposed to feel like stock. The coilovers have heavier springs and heavier damping, so they are going to feel stiffer. You guys who think it is bouncy on the soft setting should try going firmer; that should control the springs from bouncing back as much. MoparSRT4: If you think the stock suspension is too stiff then you are probably out of luck. You must have been driving a Lincoln Continental before though, as most people would say that the SRT-4 stock suspension is way soft. I'm used to driving on heavy springs and dampers though so who knows.

Oh and to answer the original post: Why don't you just try out a few settings and go with what you like most? Start at either the soft or firm end and just keep adjusting it until it feels nice. If you want to try different front and back settings go to a safe place and whip around a turn, then firm the back up a little and do it again, see if it feels better or worse, try the same with the front, etc. Someone else might give you an idea for your settings but they could have a different driving style or different idea of what feels right..

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jason,

Thanks pretty much what Dale told me. More of me getting use to it then anything else. The more I drive it the more I like it from a ride quality. I had described it as time to get my kidney belt from my old MX days. But the more I ride in it its not that bad its more of a "cant read a magazine in the passenger seat" ride (per dale).

And yes I have been riding in to many Lincolns lately..well more like the wifes lexus.lol

·
Registered
853 Posts
It is still bouncy on firm....more so that is. I like it but in my opinion they are not worth the money if you are trying to get a better ride than your lowering springs or stock. I bought them because I wanted lower than goldlines and I thought a better ride than goldines.

Not to trash them...the dampening is a must have that just springs can't do. I can hit, drive over bumps I would normally go around or slow down for on these S3's and it is like a dream. It is just I feel every uneven portion of the road while getting jiggy with it.

Will I remove them, No......Would I buy them again, No. But full firm is where you need to be....Man Jolts!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Another thing that can help take care of some bounciness while at the same time increasing handling and effectiveness of you car is a strut tower brace. I have a front and rear waiting to go on whenever I find the time, but on other vehicles I have had this has helped with some of the bounciness. One reason the SRT-4 is like this is because the chassis has quite a bit of flex so some of the bounce is actual the shock towers flexing. Putting on the braces will smooth the operation and cause the suspension to work how it is designed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
hey sorry ppl to jump into this thread but need some help, just recieved my mopar stage 3 coilovers and the place where they set the factory lock ring, how in gods name can u move it and drop the car more cause that is pretty much dead center adjustment, blahh any help is apreciated

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.