Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have stage 2 w/o toys, I tried running the stage 2 waste gate actuator with my greddy profec B, I did not like the results. I'm considering running my AGP waste gate actuator instead.

For now the stock computer is controlling boost, and I like the way it runs, but not sure if I can get psi to redline with the agp waste gate actator(I have the older version, not the new released one)

So for those with Stage 2 without toys, how are you controlling your boost??

thanks
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/681000-681999/681074_18_full.jpg

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
I originally tried the agp wga with my S2 when I first installed it and did not like how the car drove whatsoever. Slapped the S2 wga on and the car felt so much better.

All of you guys worried about seeing a specific boost pressure at redline are kidding your selves. The car will most likely have more power with 13 psi at redline then 16 at redline. Why? Less timing pulled and lower egts.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good point Evo.... I think I'm just getting psi greedy :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
JohnL said:
good point Evo.... I think I'm just getting psi greedy :)

PSI greedy :rofl: aren't we all!

I am running 18 plus psi till redline on 2nd thru 4th gear and 19 or 20 in 5th with the stage 2 wastegate...................... keep adjusting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
xtreme, have you taken it to the track? I ask because a lot of times, the lower boost levels lead to better times. I thought life was good at 20psi, then got 98-99 traps. At 16-17, traps jumped to 103-105. A better driver, equipped alomst identically (difference was he had his 04s stock BFG KDWs, I have Bridgestone Potenza SO3s.
He was boosting the same seeing 13.5 @ 108.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Stage 2 w/o Toys

I set the 4mm on the Stage 2 Wastegate and it works very well thru the Stage 2 no toys ECM. :thumbsup:

MachC5

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
John
Get in contact with Chad (SY04SRT4). He tuned the Greddy e-01 and APG WGA on my Stage 2 car several months ago. He discovered the Stage 2 WGA did not work well with the e-01.

·
Registered
627 Posts
glhs837 said:
xtreme, have you taken it to the track? I ask because a lot of times, the lower boost levels lead to better times. I thought life was good at 20psi, then got 98-99 traps. At 16-17, traps jumped to 103-105. A better driver, equipped alomst identically (difference was he had his 04s stock BFG KDWs, I have Bridgestone Potenza SO3s.
He was boosting the same seeing 13.5 @ 108.

Hello GLH. Yes I went to the track and my best was 13.4 @105 on street tires!
I am waiting for my new huge Fmic from xtremeboost in washington and a 75 wetshot I will post results soon! take care

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not seeing 18psi to redline, more like 14,15... how should I be adjusting the wastegate actuator... any suggestions???

I ran the car out at the track a few days ago, my boost was falling to 13-14 psi at redline area. Car ran consistent 13.7's.. my best mph was 103. However, with my stage 1, my best mph was 106, best time of 13.56. What I've found, is the stage 2 is running basicly the same times as my stage 1(using an electronic boost controller to hold 17,16 psi to redline).. but its boost is less to redline.

Also note, when I ran the car the other day, temps were in the low 90's.. I'll post time slips later tonight in a different post.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
When i get s2 w/o toys im going to see how much I boost and if i think its not good enough till redline im going to put my spring mod on and tune it to 16-17 psi to redline. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts