Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if its been asked before, I slighty searched and didnt find what I was looking for so I doubt it has been buuttt.... I have stage 2 no toys and I used to be boosting the usual 18-19psi falling to 15-16. Then I installed the QW's FMIC, got one or two normal boost pulls out of it and then PCM took over and lowered the boost to 16 spike falling to about 10. It still pulls now like it did before the QW's install but I want it to push the 19 like it used to. My question is, do you think the computer will take over again if I just adjust the WGA and turn it up a little? Or should I run the lines to the WGA like if it was an AGP and just eliminate the computer completely?

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
If you are running your WGA off of the stock black line, then the computer is controlling the boost. Soooo ... Yes it will turn it down once it learns your setup.

·
Premium Member
2004 Solar Yellow SRT-4
233 Posts
Yes, you are just reaching your torque target at a lower level of boost because of the change in air density. Peak boost occurs at a charge inlet temperature of 49 deg. C. The boost will "derate" at temps above or below that level.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So basically I believe I should just run it like an aftermarket WGA and get the computer out of the loop. Woooord

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Did you check for boost leaks? Maybe you didnt tighten the clamps completely or they are not doing a good job holding... Especially the stock clamps, they twist and break if you over tighten them, and if you undertighten, they leak. lol

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did a leak test and the only thing leaking is the mopar POS plate. I knew I shouldnt have gotten it lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
This very same thing happend to me. Spike 15-16 fall back to 10-11. I put a spring mod on my WGA and can spike from 18 to 22 if I wanted and with all the testing still falls to 11 psi. I have no boost leaks and my boost gauge is 100% working. I was beggining to thing my WGA was messed up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts