Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know if using the Stage Two Wastegate on Stage 0 is fine. A friend of mine is selling his Stage 2 wastegate and i was thinking of buying it. My mods are...Mopar BOV,Mopar STS, and i have a boost controller that i am going to throw on.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i ran the agp wga with stage 0 and no b/c and my boost spikes to 19 and drops to 15 in every gear but 1st. so i dont think you will be hurting any thing. i haven't had any problems with mine .

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
We are currently running the Stage 2 wastegate on my Eblue 2004 Stage 0 car, boost hits 18 and drops arond 15-16 to redline. We knocked off a couple tenths of a second off of our ET with this wastegate, we do get the occasion overboost code....

Car runs strong...

·
Registered
956 Posts
I think it would definitely be a good idea. Since the stock WGA's spring is too weak, it opens up on the bleed pressure alone. The S2 WGA will ensure that the WG stays closed when it is supposed to stay closed.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the wastegate adjustable? and how bad is it if your getting the overboost code on? i Have been tuning a boost controller and the code comes on right away when i boost high. I think i might have some leaks...because when i take off the boost controller i wont hit past 10 PSI.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
gamssrt-4 said:
Is the wastegate adjustable? and how bad is it if your getting the overboost code on? i Have been tuning a boost controller and the code comes on right away when i boost high. I think i might have some leaks...because when i take off the boost controller i wont hit past 10 PSI.

the wastegate is adjustable and the boost code is easily fixed with the ED Tip sensor mod.....

however, we have not done this mod, we simply reset the PCM and go happily on our way...

We have had the Stage 2 Wastegate in the car for 2 1/2 months and thrown the code twice...

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
gamssrt-4 said:

We would be willing to help you install it and adjust it if you like....
We can even try and help troubleshoot for any boost leaks...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.