Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen this Labor Day sale thing and I am not planning on putting stage 2 on for quite a while, however this is very good pricing. The question that I have is that if I get the Stage 2 w/out toys will I still be able to get traction in the winter time. I know on the Toys version you can turn the boost down, however they will flag me on the I/M test so.... My best bet is to get the Stage 2 w/out toys so it is not noticeable assuming I get rid of the error code (which is not a big deal). I just want to make sure the boost will be low enough for me to get traction with winter tires much like the Stock setting? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Jerod said:
I have seen this Labor Day sale thing and I am not planning on putting stage 2 on for quite a while, however this is very good pricing. The question that I have is that if I get the Stage 2 w/out toys will I still be able to get traction in the winter time. I know on the Toys version you can turn the boost down, however they will flag me on the I/M test so.... My best bet is to get the Stage 2 w/out toys so it is not noticeable assuming I get rid of the error code (which is not a big deal). I just want to make sure the boost will be low enough for me to get traction with winter tires much like the Stock setting? Any thoughts?

The power only comes on if you drive the car hard. It's just like getting a big turbo upgrade. Granny style drving feels just like stock until you press the gas pedal 50%+.

My best advice to you is to save $500.00 and buy a beat up shitty car just for the winter. Even just to drive it on the days that are actually snowing. That way you don't have to worry about traction or getting into an accident because the other car has shitty tires and could not stop.

Percy

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Jerod, "flag me on the I/M test"? what does that mean? Some sort of visual inspection? If so, don't sweat it, most Dodge tech couldn't spot that a Toys car has mods, let alone an emmisions station tech. One reason most folks don't post pics of the S2 install is that it's pretty boring, visually speaking.

If you don't know exactly what to look for, you wil miss it. I've had SRT owmers look under my hood and not realize I have S2 until I mentioned it.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I love people that say they can't drive in the rain cause all they do is spin.

They must suck at throttle control

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
glhs837 said:
Jerod, "flag me on the I/M test"? what does that mean? Some sort of visual inspection? If so, don't sweat it, most Dodge tech couldn't spot that a Toys car has mods, let alone an emmisions station tech. One reason most folks don't post pics of the S2 install is that it's pretty boring, visually speaking.

If you don't know exactly what to look for, you wil miss it. I've had SRT owmers look under my hood and not realize I have S2 until I mentioned it.
Well, because of the error code or because of the toys stuff. I don't really think the toys option will be good for me anyway if the non-toys boost will be similar if I don't get on the gas hard. I will not buy racing gas ($7.50 per gallon!), I don't plan on ever using slicks (setting 4 on toys version), the track will not allow the use of the innercooler sprayer, so the toys version doesn't sound like it is for me. Sleeper setup on the non toys version though!!! Sounds like there are a few people running 105-108mph trap speeds with the non-toys version and that is fine with me :)

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Jerod said:
my advice....just move during the winter..... :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Jerod said:
Well, because of the error code or because of the toys stuff. I don't really think the toys option will be good for me anyway if the non-toys boost will be similar if I don't get on the gas hard. I will not buy racing gas ($7.50 per gallon!), I don't plan on ever using slicks (setting 4 on toys version), the track will not allow the use of the innercooler sprayer, so the toys version doesn't sound like it is for me. Sleeper setup on the non toys version though!!! Sounds like there are a few people running 105-108mph trap speeds with the non-toys version and that is fine with me :)
Okay, time for misconception clearance.

1. The P0633 code will be present in both versions unless removed through reflash. some states might not sweat it, some might.

2. $7.50 a gallon?!!! Here in Md it runs 4.5 for 104, which mixes up with 93 so I'm not buying much to make 100. Most folks in CA report about $5.00 a gallon. You might be pricing the wrong stuff:)

3. Ths top setting for DAB = 3, which while optimized for slicks, can be used with D/Rs or even street tires, depending on traction. Myself and Direct Connection both used DAB with street tires and got better times.

4. Most folks seem to have no problem with the sprayers, even at the track. Keep in mind, these are not the garden hose kind that leaves puddles, they mist, which should evaporate befreo it even becomes drops.
But even if you don't use them at the track, they can come in handy for day to day driving.

I'm not trying to sway you in either direction, just want you to have accurate facts to base your decision on.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The code is not a problem if it can be reflashed... The Service manager is a good friend of mine and will take care of that for me.

$7.50 a gallon for 104 Unleaded. There is only 1 business that sells it and they get a premium for it. It is absolutely rediculous I know :)

I am not worried about having the fastest SRT4....just want those 103-108mph trap speeds. I still want to be able to drive around like normal too.

As far as the sprayers...they are not allowing the EVO's to use thier sprayers either. They are kind of being anal about that...not a biggie.

Thank you for the information though, I really appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts