Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have stage 2 w/o toys, PSI-FI Cold air intake, Mopar Exhaust, Mopar BOV, Mopar STS and NGK plugs gapped to .38. I have ran a best of 14.1 at the track with this set up....2.2 60's. It could be that I can't drive worth crap but I feel that I can. I have checked for leaks, tightened up everything and haven't gotten any quicker. Last night I raced another SRT with just a Mopar BOV and K&N intake. He never passed me but I was barely pulling on him. I have raced other SRT's that have mopar exhaust and intake and i pull on them but I am not blowing them away. My question is...........what mods should I add to make my car quicker. I have a map clmap from aaronneon sitting here, but I don't have dyno access and am a little nervous about installing it. What would everyone recommend? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
=/
the mopar bov scares me, im thinking of taking it off.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard a lot of people say it leaks...so it could be doing that with teh added boost of stage 2. That was one of my first mods and myself and my 80 year old grandpa put it on and we didn't tighten it very hard because I remember teh directiosn saying not too.....so I know it can be tightened....what I may do is take it off, put some gasket sealant on it and reinstall it.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Mapclamp would be the best route. Cause you now have a 10:1 afr, and any mods arent going to help you with power. Unless you lean it out. Ive seen it with many dyno time.

Ive used my g-meter with my 18" bling. Im getting 13.40 at 107.3mph. 2.18 60ft.

Not bad. :D

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
iupui1299 said:
Dazone, do you have the mopar bov? Also, did you dyno tune your map clamp? I have one sitting here that I got from aaronneon......I just heard they can be dangerous to your car.
I had the mopar bov, currently changed to turbonectics/raptor bov. I never had an issue with the mopar bov.

mapclamp. I tried tuning it with 6pulls on the dyno. but ran out of time on the dyno. If you ever do. turn it ccw 6-7 times,from the 5v start setting.Then start your tuning. I should have done it that way.

Ive never went back to redo the tuning. :(

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
aintnomyth said:
Can you get to the dyno and at least see what you're putting down?? Also, what was your trap speed when you ran the 14.1? This could tell you if it's your driving or if the car isn't running right...
I think my trap was 100...maybe 101.....way off of what it should be.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had the Mopar BOV for like a week and couldn't get the dang thing tight enough. Its in such a funky ass spot that its tough to get tight.

Personally I run the ATP Pipe w/ Greddy Type S and Mopar exhaust with AEM intake and pull hard on stock SRT's.

You can make a boost leak tester in your garage. Ive seen a number of different posts on it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
After you have found out if you have any leaks I would try changing your plugs back to the stock champions. I had the NGK's and I lost mph and was getting a slower time and I couldn't figure out what it was. I tried going back to my stock Champions at the track and I gained my 2mph back and my times back. This is so easy to do and is worth a try. I would try it at the track to confirm your test.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Dont feel bad your not the only one that has this prob. I do too best time was a 14.045 with a 2.2 60ft and 104 oct race gas with stage2 w/toys and BOV trap speed 102. MY car should be in the 13's but no, checked everything but still havent found anything. I'll try reinstalling my BOV and see what happens. Hope someone knows whats going on to help us.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
This might sound stupid idk it could be different sea levels of where the track is, idk i just came from dsm tuners recently, and they talk about different sea levels can make the car faster or slower, anyways i live in nj and i heard places like texas for example have diff sea levels it makes a difference at the track .

well im almost finished saving up for a srt-4 guys.. wish me luck

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.