Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard alot about the Stage 2 running rich. What does that mean? How do prevent it from running rich? (I haven't got the Stage 2 yet)

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
OMG....

you will get flamed to death boy... use the search button

it runs rich, so you dont kill your engine (if you dont know what you are doing, like it seems you dont) you can lean it out by boost controllers and other mods..

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
petar7408 said:
OMG....

you will get flamed to death boy... use the search button

it runs rich, so you dont kill your engine (if you dont know what you are doing, like it seems you dont) you can lean it out by boost controllers and other mods..
^what he said.

*Throws flame retardant blanket over Black03SRT-4*

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im trying to look for it but i cant find it... alls i need to know is... does running rich matter that much and is it a deffinate if i get the stage 2 and what do i need to fix it

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cause I'm a nice guy:
Yes stage 2 runs rich.
No you don't want to "fix" it.
It runs rich so that the extra fuel will help keep your EGTs down, and therefore not melt anything.

Anyone may correct me if I'm wrong :)

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
rich = lower air to fuel ratio.

For example, say that a Air to Fuel ratio of 12:1 is considered ideal, then a 9:1 ratio would be rich, while a 14:1 would be lean.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so does running rich=slower? and since u cant fix it what do u do? is there some way to adjust the air:fuel ratio with the S2?

·
Registered
918 Posts
You are assuming that s2 is'nt working properly. Think about that for a second or two. If you have to ask if the a/f is adjustable, do you really think you will be adjusting it? S2 is what it is. Besides initial wastegate adjustment and boost leak checking, it's bolt on and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
*Takes flame retardant blanket from Black03SRT-4*

Ok looks like your safe now.

go_BLUE_2 said:
rich = lower air to fuel ratio.

For example, say that a Air to Fuel ratio of 12:1 is considered ideal, then a 9:1 ratio would be rich, while a 14:1 would be lean.

Hope that helps.
^what he said. IMO I would rather run a little rich (like 9-10:1) than ideal.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why would i have to adjust the wastegate when i get a S2? Iv'e never really understand wastegates and wastegate acutators (saem thing)...so can some1 please explain them and why i have to adjust it for the S2?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
sylathnie said:
Yes stage 2 runs rich.
No you don't want to "fix" it.
It runs rich so that the extra fuel will help keep your EGTs down, and therefore not melt anything.

Anyone may correct me if I'm wrong :)

Bingo...someone is paying attention. Your average dyno operator will throw S2 on the dyno and say "hey we can lean this thing out and get some more power." They are right, you can. But its not all about a/f. EGTs are very important too. Just don't mess with it

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Someone I know has a melted rear section of bumper, peeling chrome and one tip that is almost burnished gold because he ran a MBC and WGA lean. He also had o2 sensors go out regularly ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.