Dodge SRT Forum banner

Stage 2 Pros and Cons?

2K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  Dale Seeley 
#1 ·
I have a stock 2003 SRT-4 that i just bought and am wondering if i can get a stage 2 right away or do i need and intake and bov and stuff first. What are all the basically necessairy requirements for a Stage 2 to work efficiently? BTW i want w/ toys. Also are there any cons to the stage 2 or is it perfect. Such as boost leaks and such?

Thanks
Ryan

#27 ·
i've seen 20 psi on setting 2 and 3, and i know for damn sure that i don't have any boost leaks. that's about where it should be seeing under certain conditions. remember that the boost levels change with ambient air temperature.

and i don't have my wga set at 4mm....it ran like crap at that setting.

#30 ·
Black03SRT-4 said:
well wont i run rich if i get a stage 2 and everything else is stock?...what do i need to fix this maybe a ebc? and what else?

stay away from EBC's

I ran my car a long time with stage 2 stock air box stock exhust

my car had 900 or so miles on it when stage 2 went on it its now at 10500

will it perform better with other parts sure

its going to run rich no matter how many mods you have unless you clamp the map sensor or use a power paq, or use a safc and a clamp

#32 ·
yeah what about getting stage 1 and the agp wastegate. is that virtually as good as stage 2? What the disadvatanges/advantages/differences between those two setups?

#33 ·
:eeeek: So, soooo many noobs! :eeeek:

#34 ·
IEatRiceForBreakfast said:
:eeeek: So, soooo many noobs! :eeeek:
that is a valid question. i am not a newb, just curious as many people say that stage 2 is a waste of money when u can get virtually the same results with stage 1 and the agp wastegate.

#37 ·
robino said:
that's what i was confused about myself...mine don't boost to 20, 18-19 is the highest i've seen it boost in 3rd, 4th, never in second, maybe 16 at most in second gear.

but 20psi is questionable under normal circumstances, unless there's a leak or a damn good 4mm measuring job.

It's too bad the car came with a boost gauge stock, people always misinterpret it as a horsepower gauge... Bigger boost numbers don't always mean bigger horsepower numbers. Boost may be an indicator, but it's part of a system including timing and fuel...

Big boost numbers (if 20 can be considered big) don't always mean there is a leak either. It may be an indicator, but it's part of a system...

Pull on one end of a string, and there's a good chance the other end will move...

Dale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.