Dodge SRT Forum banner

Stage 2 Performing correctly?

783 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  iupui1299 
What was your 60ft on the 14.1 run?...and your 1/8th time?

Mine idles rough as well. I get the same pops. You can hear the motor miss then a pop in the exhaust. I suspect my car having a TPS sensor problem...so Im hoping thats the culprit on my bad idle.

What were the weather conditions on the run?

And as far as the wiggling the wires...I don't think that alone can eliminate the senor as a problem. My car along with the bad idle will rev up on me sometimes. Like pulling into a parking spot...I'll gas it...throw it in nuetral, and the car will rev 500 or so rpms then back down. It has reved as high as 2000 rpms in the same situation. Pulling into my garage...once I get speed up the driveway I'll throw it into nuetral and coast in. Once in my garage I can hear the motor rev ever so slightly over and over a few times before settling into the correct idle rpm. Also I've examined my TPS and have a quarter inch or so of copper wire showing. Looks like it has been yanked out of the sensor or the sheathing has been pulled back. So, wiggling the wires is not a complete test for the sensor.

The thing I've noticed is it depends were in the power band I start from a roll. If a start out at 3000 rpm or so it seems to not boost as high, but if a start lower down in the rpm range my boost does build up to were it should be. That makes me think that if you start too high boost will begin to leak down before it builds all the way up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.