Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already got a MBC, stage 1, intake & 3 inch turboback.

Would I be better off with stage 2 or the MBC & WGA? I'm having a problem deciding on which to get!?!?

·
Registered
380 Posts
if you dont plan on upgrading ur car more later on just get the stage 2 and get less grief from the dodge dealership but a mbc/wga will probably get similar power output and the mbc/wga being alot cheaper

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hopper said:
if you dont plan on upgrading ur car more later on just get the stage 2 and get less grief from the dodge dealership but a mbc/wga will probably get similar power output and the mbc/wga being alot cheaper
that is pretty much what i figured... but, I forgot to mention I was interested in stage 2 w/o toys. The intercooler sprayer & race gas functions w/toys seems dope, but much more expensive.

I have about $700 to play with, & willing to go with the most practical setup.

It's my first turbo car & I'm still a bit confused about what would be my best route mod wise.

Thanx for the help Hopper :)

Anyone else who'd wish to chime in, please do so.

*peace
Dan

·
Registered
691 Posts
stage2 is a plug and go have fun.with the wga you have to adjust and tune. i would go for the stage 2. plus the egt are alot safer also the air/fuel

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was thinking about getting the Stage 2 without Toys, but I do plan on going to a bigger turbo later on so I figured that wasnt a good plan. But what I'm wondering is do you think Stage 1 ECU, AGP Wastegate, Turbo XS Manual Boost Controller, and PSI Powerpaq would get me numbers close to Stage 2? I noticed the Stage 2 also includes bigger injectors? Is it really necessary? Should I include the RC 750cc Injectors into the mix also?

·
Registered
177 Posts
When considering a turbo upgrade the bigger injectors are going to be pretty much a necessity...if you are considering a huge overhaul later i wouldnt waste money on s2. Get Exhaust, WGA, Boost controller (for long term consider an electronic boost controller, better boost management easier to tune, less spiking.), and more fuel and your looking at s2 numbers. You could also run race gas in a s1 car with the above mods and see similar numbers as s2 w/ high octane, the only difference being better fuel management from the toys...

I have yet to dyno since my latest round of upgrades but from what my friends have put down with similar mods im making around 275whp/320wtq at 18psi on an 04 with s1, Perrin charge pipe w/ TXS RFL, AGP WGA, AEM CAI, B&B Turboback w/ Racepipe, Greddy Profec B Spec II EBC on 94 octane.

Also rumour has it that the limits of the stock turbo and fuel system are around 310whp and past the 300 mark your going to really wanna consider a 3" exhaust whether custom or kit because of your EGT's...(i.e. dont buy mopar's piece of shit 2.5 inch kit, spend the extra cash and get a 3")
:bandit:

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
figure out where you want to be w/ the car. s2 is very user friendly, tho. set it & forget it. that's my only experience. never did the wga or bc setup.

now, i know u dont want toys, but man is it fun...i'm not too head over heels about the sprayer, after all this time, but the DAB rocks. sprayer is nice on the 90+ days, tho (set on auto).

really, s2 is set it & forget it..

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only thing I'm really worried about is turbo surge & frying my turbo "although, eventually I'll upgrade"

From what I've heard, turbo surge only really happens when you boost to fast without the proper amount of air being churned in by the turbo?.?... With a 3" AEM short ram, will this be an issue???

Also, another Stage 2 w/o toys question? What is the boost set at without the dial a boost funtion? 17-18psi?

Thanx for the help guys, I'm trying to make my decission by Tuesday to get some Labor day deals.

*peace
Dan

·
Registered
177 Posts
Im assuming the boost remains at stock without the dial a boost toy...add a wga and you can turn it up a few lbs. manually...ebc and you can tune it from in the car...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Turbo surge... ok i admit, i'm not much of a turbo person i'd take a supercharger over a turbo, i've been messing with many superchargers for years now, just started getting turbo cars (and i wanna go back to supercharged on some)... how could you tell if you "surge" or not? does it sound like the blov fluttering? cause dammit i am having a hell of a problem with getting it right, it seems to too tight but rollign in a high gear it sounds like it flutters. and funny though, cause i used ot run my Forge/Rage WGA off of the factory WGA line and adjust and i switched ot green like it said and it's been nothing but problems for me since i did that...

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
lsdSRT4 said:
Im assuming the boost remains at stock without the dial a boost toy...add a wga and you can turn it up a few lbs. manually...ebc and you can tune it from in the car...
negative. w/o toys = "let your foot manage throttle."

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ayat, isnt that what ive said? Correct me if im wrong but stage 2 w/o toys wont raise the boost over stock unless you can tune the stage 2 wga higher than stock as you can with the AGP WGA...

I have no experience with the stage 2 because i have no intention of purchasing it...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts