Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i noticed this months ago.. When I had my stage one i loved my exhaust pops and it's was loud!
As soon as stage 2 kicks in all the poping sound went away.. now when i rev engine, it may only pop ones when revved to redline if i am lucky...

i have another friend having the same experience as i am having now..

any explanations or same experiences?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I actually got alot more afterfire when I instlalled the S2 kit. Not sure what is going on with your kit. The staged kits were engineered to increase the exhaust popping over stock.

·
Registered
954 Posts
ac_srt4 said:
well i noticed this months ago.. When I had my stage one i loved my exhaust pops and it's was loud!
As soon as stage 2 kicks in all the poping sound went away.. now when i rev engine, it may only pop ones when revved to redline if i am lucky...

i have another friend having the same experience as i am having now..

any explanations or same experiences?
I don't rev a lot, it's bad for your axles lol, but your popping should greatly increase on decel with S2...if you haven't for a while, disconnect your battery to reset the ecu they listen for it, and did you regap your plugs like you have to with S2

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
He has a side exit exhuast i have borla without the restriction. Mine used to pop extremely loud now it's less than stock. I figure resetting the pcm will do it but like it quiet lol

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
i noticed it - i went from stock with mopar catdelete and catback and it popped and gurgled a lot on decel, i installed stage2 w/o toys and it doesnt do it anymore, when it does do it, its for a really short time and then it just sounds like a bi-plane landing or something LOL...

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
after i get back in couple days i will try the reset mod.
i have 3 inches turbo back with highflow cat...
when i had the same set up with stage 1, it was very noticeablely louder and more frequent than stage 0. but after i went to stage 2, seems all the pops went away. but still more than stage 0 in comparison.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine cracks and pops so bad when i pass a cop i put my car in neutral.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mine did a lot more snap... crackle... pop with S2 than stock. A PCM reset will probably fix you right up!

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
well..

ac_srt4 has 3" dp cat and 3" SEE but the o2 housing is stock. Does that make a difference if the o2 housing is stock??

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
shouldn't I have 3" DP back and I get gurgles, pops and the occasional Bang if I rev hard and left off fast, sounds almost like a gun shot and scares the little old ladies.....and men........and children ....hahaha

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
ok that kinda pisses me off - mine doesnt pop for crap :-\ ill have to try resetting the pcm - but i have done so plenty of times before and it didnt do anything... i think ive heard it backfire once on decel and i thought it was funny and want it to do it more...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.