Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on ordering Stage 2 W/out toys , to go with my mopar cat back exhaust, and mopar Bov. I Never do any track racing, and all the racing i do is from a roll on highways. What is the potential of this setup, from a roll what type of cars can i keep up with, beat, stay even with. I tried searching but couldnt quite get the rite answer.

·
Registered
547 Posts
its all i what other mod u get with all my mod is sig i should only have around 280 or so whp but i sould get a down pipe with that set up it will help u out a lot

·
Registered
648 Posts
turbo10 said:
I plan on ordering Stage 2 W/out toys , to go with my mopar cat back exhaust, and mopar Bov. I Never do any track racing, and all the racing i do is from a roll on highways. What is the potential of this setup, from a roll what type of cars can i keep up with, beat, stay even with. I tried searching but couldnt quite get the rite answer.
thats for the most part what i have... and i love my stage 2 w/o toys... but i'd have to agree with the previous post i've heard a downpipe really wakes up the stage 2... i'm thinking of the maxxfab with high flow cat.... cause i'm not all keen on the idea of no cat at all.

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
i'm not a fan of the s2 w/o kit.... hell i was barely a fan of the s2 w/toys kit. If it wasnt for hom 24/7, I would have sold it fairly quickly. Stage 1 cars with some decent bolt ons can make same or more power.

I'm not sure what to compare it to.... Mustang GT < S2 w/o toys and bolts < Cobra

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
if your getting stage 2, buy a wideband and either an SAFC or a mapclamp to tune it.... definately a downpipe. intake if you'd like... and spark plugs n wires. that would be a good setup for what your lookin for. if you wanna go big a FMIC for the top end highway races u do. :thumbsup: that will put you in the C5 corvette range me thinks

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
What kinda down pipe? Is the mopar cat delete a good downpipe? I was thinking of picking that up later. Or is there another cat delete pipe that is cheaper that will do the same or better job? I don't want to go with a 3" exhaust. Something to match the magnaflow catback would be nice. I just ordered stage 2 w/o today.

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
devilsown progressive controlled methanol injection

6-7 can HEET yellow bottle, 3-4 cans distilled water

OR just one can of Nos racing formula Octane booster.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i have stage 2 w/o toys and intake, greddy ebc...running about 21psi...i take sti's pretty easily, evo's, i have taken a turbo is300, my friend has an evo and he ran a 12.8 last year at the drag strip and i raced him the other night on the freeway and took him by about a carlength....so if you tune it right it makes insane power...and i havent even installed my mapclamp so im pry getting lots of timing pull

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
moltenice said:
i'm not a fan of the s2 w/o kit.... hell i was barely a fan of the s2 w/toys kit. If it wasnt for hom 24/7, I would have sold it fairly quickly. Stage 1 cars with some decent bolt ons can make same or more power.

I'm not sure what to compare it to.... Mustang GT < S2 w/o toys and bolts < Cobra
LOL COBRA...still a fast car that is for sure.:wah?!:

I love the 05+ Mutang (spelled wrong for a purpose) GTs..nothing excites me when a fool comes up and tries something. Just play along enough then WOT it as you wave go-by:hi: ....:lol:

The next best car to play with is the 350Z verts and over riced chromed coupes. We have plenty around here. :rofl:

Add a adjustable wastegate, Greddy EB01, and return fuel kit.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Can someone tell me more about how well a return kit would work with S2 toys? I need the kit and a wideband obiviously? Any issues with DAB or HOM?

·
Registered
99 Posts
cormikeday said:
thats for the most part what i have... and i love my stage 2 w/o toys... but i'd have to agree with the previous post i've heard a downpipe really wakes up the stage 2... i'm thinking of the maxxfab with high flow cat.... cause i'm not all keen on the idea of no cat at all.

I running the MaxxFab dp w/ the high flow cat with almost the same setup you have cormikeday. It'll definitely will wake up stage 2 a lil bit.

turbo10 said:

I went the same route you did for the same reason turbo10. I don't really race, I just wanted extra hp to wake up the car on the freeway and criusing around. Plus I wanted to keep that sleeper/stock look. :eveilgrin

My setup:
Mopar Stage 2 w/o toys
Mopar Catback exhaust (removed bottleneck)
MaxxFab downpipe w/ high flow cat and modified Mopar adapter (for bottleneck)
Exhaust Depot Direct Fit intercooler
K&N drop in filter

Other mods:
Mopar Stage 1 springs
Street motor mount inserts

·
Registered
100 Posts
AEM SRI and i have the solenoid tapped into the green line and also ran a line from the solenoid to the wastegate...just capped off the stock black line that is ran for the wastegate

1 - 15 of 15 Posts