Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have had s2 for about 3 weeks my boost gauge flutters like crazy and will not hold any boost over 15 it spikes like 16 or 17 for maybe a half second and drops to 15 psi and just shakes. by about 5800 rpm the boost has droped to about 13 psi it is like this in 1st 2nd and 3rd In DAB 3
so i figured i had a leak well when i checked for leaks the only hissing sound could find is comming from the wga aera and i cant find any other leaks. i wanted to know if it is possible that the s2 wga is shot.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
there is a screw that is under the turbo that gets very lose, very fast. it's possible that is the hissing that you are heading. remove the intake tube and you'll be able to feel the screw with your hand.

other than that, sure it's possible that the wga is shot. i would not think this is the case, but it definetly could be.

·
Banned
187 Posts
i would check that the wga is sit right..possible the whistiling you here is the flap not closed all the way....you have to remove the pressure pipe from the turbo to get to the bolt psi-chick is talkin about...also check your plugs and wires.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
PSI Chick said:
there is a screw that is under the turbo that gets very lose, very fast. it's possible that is the hissing that you are heading. remove the intake tube and you'll be able to feel the screw with your hand.

other than that, sure it's possible that the wga is shot. i would not think this is the case, but it definetly could be.
The screw that you're talking about, where exactly is it? I'm thinking this might be it.

Did a leak test and the only place where I heard hissing was at started at 15psi from my mopar bov. Not out the seams though, out the actual vent ducts. I had this before but at 5psi, but [email protected] posted the solution to that (few posts down in this thread ) Now it does it at 15psi. So either it's normal and I don't have any leaks or it's my wga setting that's causing boost problems...Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
No one knows?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.