Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a big difference in the price. Does the added expense of the toys come with added performance or would the extra money be better used elsewhere?

·
Registered
333 Posts
srtlarry said:
There is a big difference in the price. Does the added expense of the toys come with added performance or would the extra money be better used elsewhere?
If I could do it all over again........I would of get toys and / or a bigger IC. On the other hand if I was you........I would probably just wait and see how Stage3 fairs.......if it turns out good just skip stage2 and get 3! If stage3 turns out good I would like to get that with toys and the stage2 discount........but im not sure if thats is possible to do or not.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Let me lay it out for you you with no toys and your friend with toys who would win him....and yes you get a discount from upgrading stage 2 to stage 3 so get it with toys

·
Registered
903 Posts
No toys for me. $500-600 is a lot of money. For that money, I bought a large FMIC for $340 - which will own any sprayer (and i didn't want to hook up to my windshiled washer fluid tank). The race gas and dial a boost are nice features for sure, but the performance gain from them just isn't worth the price to me.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I bought it without toys.

Dial-a-boost seems pointless to me. If I want less boost, I press the gas less. I understand that the hardcore drag racers use it, but I just can't justifying adding parts to the car to do something I can do with my foot.

Race gas is nice, and I would like to have the second map, but I don't see myself using race gas very often. Or maybe I should say, I don't want to tempt myself to keep filling up with $4 / gallon fuel. It looks like people running water injection setups are getting good results with the race gas button, and that's cool. That opens up some possibilities. Leave the race gas switch on all the time, and the water tank full.

·
Registered
170 Posts
im debating whether to get toys or not. are you guys happy with the power without toys?how are the dyno numbers?

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
get stage ii with out toys and a power paq. power paq will take care of the timing issue's with stage ii with a map clamp(dynoing low) and also be able to be used with race gas. just my .02

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Anyone know at this point if upgrading from S2 to S3 will only be possible when you get S2 w/ toys or if there'll be another upgrade for people w/o toys?

·
Registered
448 Posts
the amount of gain you cna possibly get form using race gas can not be outweighed by anything you buy. because everything you buy you could also use but with more advantages with race gas. for that feature alone is the reason i will be buying a stage 2...

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Corrado? Let me see if I can decipher that?:)

While you can get the same gains AS racegas, anything else will make even more power WITH racegas. Is that that it? So you are pro-toys, right ? :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
glhs837 said:
Corrado? Let me see if I can decipher that?:)

While you can get the same gains AS racegas, anything else will make even more power WITH racegas. Is that that it? So you are pro-toys, right ? :)
I think thats what i got outa that too. well i just bought stage 2with toys. cause stage 3 will go on after that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
pro toys for the race gas setting, i bet the dial a boost is good for those who care about gas milage too? i personally like the switches so i could then hook up my CO2 IC sprayer through the factory looking switch, i like that, clean looking...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Smucky69 said:
I think thats what i got outa that too. well i just bought stage 2with toys. cause stage 3 will go on after that. :thumbsup:

I'm guessing here, but when reading the oct sports compact mag, it sounds like stage 3 with toys will be stage 3 R. So I would assume it would be stage 3 and stage 3 R

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
got_sand_az said:
I'm guessing here, but when reading the oct sports compact mag, it sounds like stage 3 with toys will be stage 3 R. So I would assume it would be stage 3 and stage 3 R

Mopar Stage 3 [FULL] (P5007864, Early-Mid 2004)
Mopar Stage 3 [Add-On to Stage 2] (P4510256, Early-Mid 2004)
-Stage 3 PCM
[email protected] Upgrade Turbo Unit
--16% larger compressor wheel diameter to flow and compress more intake air
--19% larger turbine wheel diameter to flow more exhaust gas and reduce back pressure
--67% more turbine scroll area for reduced back pressure
-High Flow (75psi) Viper Fuel Pump Module
-Demand-Regulated Fuel Rail Assembly

Mopar SRT-4 Stage 3-R (Under Development)
-Stage 3R PCM
-719 cc/min Injectors
-Cat Delete Exhaust (Race Pipe)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Corrado Kid said:
pro toys for the race gas setting, i bet the dial a boost is good for those who care about gas milage too?
How so? It's pretty easy to stay out of full boost, you shouldn't need a switch to do it for you. Even then, you still won't notice much of an improvement if you're pushing it that much.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
W/ toys is the only way to go. IC sprayer is very efficient. It was 107 degrees this past sunday when we had dyno day and my power increased with each run giving me my best numbers on run 3 of 270/300. IC sprayer works better than most would like to think. Race gas mode=magic button if you know what I mean. DAB rules for the simple fact that my wife drives the car and she loves not going very fast(dab 0).

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Dyno 8-28; Stage 2 only = 240HP, 280TQ,
Stage 2 + sprayer & 100 Oct = 270HP, 302TQ

30HP and 22TQ just on toys. Worth it to me. Nearly flat torque curve from 2600 to 4800 RPM and the cross at 5250RPM is at 260HP/TQ.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts